BUDDY BOY

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Craig Mac

BUDDY BOY

Post by Craig Mac »

Buddy Boy has been listed on e-bay and is currently dry docked at Hinkley in Stuart, FL.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Very interesting...................
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

How sad...and undignified for a boat of that ilk. Walter
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

The boats was listed up here since last winter.
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

When I was up at Tommy's this summer, I went by Buddy Boy to take a look.

Oil filters, as the pics show still had my 44hr 03 or 04(can't remember) marks and the boat showed signs of no care or maintenace. Broke my heart.

If I had the coin, that's one boat I'd buy for sure. Know the construction of it and those 6LY 315's will run forever. Yea I'd love to have that boat.

Think I'll run up on Sat and take a look.
randall

Post by randall »

me too...what a great boat!...
scooter28

Post by scooter28 »

saw it on ebay too that i one of the most beautiful 31's i have ever seen and i've just seen pictures. you guys did a wonderful job. maybe we should just have a few fundraisers to get the boat and it can be the flagship for bertram31.com haha
RussP

Post by RussP »

This is one prime boat, I can't believe there is only 105 hours! Linda & I logged around the same hours in the last 30 days. I hope this doesn't de-value other 31's on the market.

RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
Pete Fallon

Buddy Boy

Post by Pete Fallon »

The boat is at the Hinkley Yard(Old David Lowes) in the back lot on Rocky Point, it's been there for a few months, saw it before Christmas. Still looks good from the outside of the fence. Also saw a 31 Sportfish named Triple Retail (Rockport, Conn hailing port) at AJ Marine in the Manatee pocket, total redo with all the windows glassed over, anyone know this boat?. Bill Machovia is redoing his boat at AJ coming along very nicely.
My boat is still for sale, just ran the engines after 4 months, redid V berth liner, refastened bow rub rail section and some hose replacements. Somebody please buy it, it's a gas engine express that's in better condition than most 31's I've surveyed in the past 2 years. 36K takes it.
Buju

Post by Buju »

Don't know if Capt. Pat is aware of it or not, but Star Rods is currently using a photo of Buddy Boy in one of their ads. It seems to be a flopped version of the same photo on the home/intro page of this site.
I'm guessing that ya'll probably hired a photographer to take some aerials on the first sea trial after the re-do, and he retained copyright to the images, and now is making a little coin by using them as stock photos???
Just wanted to give ya a heads up....(incase the images are yours, and it's being used without permission, or payment- them adds pay good!)
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Buju,

Thanks for the heads up, but I've got no stake in any royaties with the aerial shots. Star probably got the use from Drew Wright, the photographer. He owns the negatives & all Internet images are not suitable for high quality printing.

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe