Northeast Rendezvous?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Northeast Rendezvous?

Post by In Memory Walter K »

There has been an earlier discussion about a location for the Northeast Rendezvous. At that time there was talk of Shinnecock, as well as a reintroduction of Montauk, but not at the Yacht club. There were a few Montauk votes, but that's about it. To get the ball rolling, I tracked down Carl Darenberg of Montauk Marine Basin and am in the process of doing the same with Bob Rando of their next-door neighbor, Sportsman's Dock. Carl says he could handle about 20 boats and I would think Bob could handle 10 more. If needed, I could go next door to Liar's and see what he could take in. Carl has room to set up a tent and has the proper permits that would allow us to cater our own dinner, and if Brewster would do it for us (not for free), we'd have a great meal for a lot less than Yacht Club costs. Both marinas have showers and laundry facilities. I have not discussed prices with anyone. Any thoughts, suggestions, other locations? Volunteers for other places? Volunteers for Montauk? Walter
neil

Post by neil »

Walter that sounds like the start of a big party,thanks for looking into it regards neil
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Long as Brewster brings the tekiller, I'm in.
Might even offer to give Walter long distance help with the prizes.
neil

Post by neil »

timmy we will be meeting with our gosslins sponor in aruba when we watch the giants kick the pats ass . they set up a screen in the ocean with a projector in the sand the guy incharge of the free rum said you get none
randall

Post by randall »

marine basin works for me....plus stanleys bert is there so i wont have to drag him anywhere else to see the 31s....let me know what i can do
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

neil wrote:when we watch the giants kick the pats ass .

bahabahabahabahabaha.
nother manning gonna get his ass handed to him, barely , in all likelyhood, but handed to him none the less
neil

Post by neil »

timmmmy as horrible as the giants are my neighbor is one of the coaches so at my house its go giants. the pats have as good of chances as the tubbbbbbbbbbbbbb, if the pats win then the the tubbbbbbbb will float againn good luck with both
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

whats that supposed to mean?? your coming up with jp on weekends to work as well??? you da man
neil

Post by neil »

timmmmy if anyone can help you make her float again it would be jp,just make sure you find an alternative ride to to rendevous, have a fun trip
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

nice duck
jeffery pagano

Post by jeffery pagano »

Count the three of us in. I am traveling for work outside of NY like crazy, but will do whatever I can to assist.
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

I'd like to go ::::: anywhere is good for me. As far as helping out, I don't know. Things get mucked up for me at these gatherings.

However if there is a mental health clinic, maybe this would be O.K.

My wife is making noise about going. How come she wants to go? Maybe she can get a ride on Brewster"s boat. She also asked about the "Tubb".

Hey, Maureen -- be careful what you wish for.
A/K/A El Gaupo
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I am fine with any place except Liers. I kept my boat there for 7 years and had a blow out with Norma their dock master. I pulled my boats from there and have not returned ever. I would be happy if we did not go there.
randall

Post by randall »

cross liers off the list
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Suppose I go over there and talk to Norma. It can't hurt. Who the hell does she think she is. Does she know who we are? Does she think who she is?
A/K/A El Gaupo
neil

Post by neil »

jr and i are in aruba on the 9th floor of the hyatt with access to the faithful we are glad to see some interest on 08 rendevous. we met some guy today who knows randall /bob fiorse / the famous brewster he would not admit to knowing timmmmyyyy. montauk 08 sounds great too us neil and jr
randall

Post by randall »

who would that be?
Rumrunner

Rumrunner is In

Post by Rumrunner »

You can count the gang from the Rumrunner ins in.
Capt Tom
neil

Post by neil »

randall it was some guy that is a charter capt out of montauk,he has a hatterasss,if i didnt drink so much rum i might have remembered his name.today its back to the beach and more rum neil
In Memory Walter K

Here's where we are. Please read this post and respond so I know whether I should proceed or whether we should search further. I spoke to both Carl Darenberg of Montauk Marine Basin and Bob Rando of Sportsman's Dock. The weekends available would be the weekend of August 2, and/or the weekend of August 9. Carl claims he can handle about 20 boats without rafting anyone. Beyond that, rafting is a possibility. Rando can't commit to more than 2 or 3. Carl has given me a rate of $2.75 per foot (our cost) per night which would be roughly $175 for a B-31 for the weekend. Carl and I are shopping for the cost of setting up a big tent on their parking lot for the whole weekend. I have also spoken to Brewster who has agreed to provide complete hot Clambake dinners for attendees of the event. Liquor may have to be BYO. At this moment I have yet to figure out what to do with sodas/beer/ice etc. Grills will be available for those who want to make anything else. Once we know your response, I would like to gather those missing costs and put together a package price per boat and per person. I would also like to build into the fee a per-person donation to the site. If that's unacceptable, a raffle or some money making device so as to be able to help keep it going. We would never even know each other if it weren't for the site. Our Rendezvous (I would think) should be able to generate a fitting "thank-you" to Patrick. I think the other Rendezvous committees might also consider something similar. My opinion. Would The Faithful please respond with their thoughts and approval or disapproval? Walter
PS: I am also negotiating for a per-gallon fuel discount for participants.
randall

Post by randall »

all sounds good to me....is neil talking about your friend who we had dinner with?....let me know if you need help with leg work
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

walter
sounds great to me, ill be there with or with out the boat depending if its sold by then
neil

Post by neil »

walter thanks again for looking into all of this. i really like the idea of a gift for capt patrick. another idea would be to take up a collection so that the old fart could attend the event without it costing him anything.you have my vote to book the event, when ya need money just ask. today was another tuff day on the beach, wahoo fishing is red hot this week and the rumm is dark
In Memory Walter K

Yes Randall- Bob Fiorese was at the dinner we all had together.
randall

Post by randall »

i meant christmas
jeffery pagano

Post by jeffery pagano »

Count us in. Are we all settled as to the date--August 2 or the first weekend in August?
Randall, I assume you know who is actually running the dock.
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

neil wrote:randall it was some guy that is a charter capt out of montauk,he has a hatterasss,if i didnt drink so much rum i might have remembered his name.today its back to the beach and more rum neil
Neil Glad you found some Good people to hang out with!!!!!
Enjoy!!
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Dug

Post by Dug »

Walter,

I have yet to miss a rendezvous, and don't plan to start missing them this year.

Dug
gplume

Post by gplume »

Walterk-

Please count me in. This will be my first, so am looking forward to it.

All the best- Giff
Giff
In Memory Walter K

OK Guys-How's the 2,3,4th of August? I'm working on costs and suppliers want a date for estimates. Walter
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

sounds good, but a few months(maybe years) to soon to bring the tubb
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Timmy you need to get to work on that boat. All of us are waiting on the day that it floats and moves under its own power(not sail).
neil

Post by neil »

brewster if the tubbbbb floats it can be towed . we are still in aruba drinking rum ,but really look foward too montauk 08. we had the wahoo good yesterday
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Brewster, got a nice heated place for it. all the help is lined up, now the the haulers are on vacation, and the other local guy thinks it's to big a job for him, soooooooooooooooooo I'm again on hold.
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

thuddddddd wrote:Brewster, got a nice heated place for it. all the help is lined up, now the the haulers are on vacation, and the other local guy thinks it's to big a job for him, soooooooooooooooooo I'm again on hold.
Hope its got AC in that place by the time you get going your going to need it!!
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page