Got the Spray Gun

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

BlueChip

Got the Spray Gun

Post by BlueChip »

Yesterday in the mail i got the FinishLine Kit by DevilBiss . . .

I decided i would test it out by painting the inside of the garage.

one hour later the whole garage is painted.....

So easy to adjust...

So easy to use......

This weekend i will try painting the interior of a small boat i am working on....

we shall see how it goes...

thanks for all the help picking one out.....

Chris
Restoring a 1973 Mako 20 . . B31 is next...when I find the cash

My Dad's 1966 B20 that i am working on .. (pre-BootStripe)
daydreams

Post by daydreams »

If this gun is for algrip, etc, marine paints please let me know how it does. Thanks Gary.
what good is a boat if you cant spend all your money and time you dont have working on it.
BlueChip

Post by BlueChip »

I have NEVER sprayed anything until i got the gun in the mail thursday....

i went with Capt Pat's suggestion and went with the finish line III Kit by DevilBiss......

I love it... the wife has been bugging me to finish painting the house for months now... i through on the 2.2 tip and finished half the house this weekend.. (great for latax paints...)

Then i switched over to the 1.8 tip and painted this little boat i have been working on... It came out great.... the only thing i would do different is get a better air filter to get every last drop of water out of the air....

For my first try.. having never ever done any spraying .. i am pretty impressed on how well it came out...

Chris

DRIFTER31

Post by DRIFTER31 »

For water removal try a disposable spin-on plastic filter at the gun after the ouick connect and before the adjustment valve going in the gun. They are available at automotive stores that sell bodyshop supplies. We all use them in this industry and they will hold 1 fluid oz. of water. Just spin on a new one after each job. Amazing how good equipment and intention creat great results. Troy
Kill Em All ......Let God Sort Em Out
BlueChip

Post by BlueChip »

i used a spin on and it worked great the first time..the second not as well... it says "replace after one week" ... guess it should say.."replace after each use"

Thanks for all your Help

Chris

daydreams

Post by daydreams »

hi BlueChip, I guess you missed my post or I worded it incorrectly. I am going to paint my boat / boats and was hoping you would pass the information that cap gave you about the spray gun along to me.
Thanks Gary
what good is a boat if you cant spend all your money and time you dont have working on it.
randall

Post by randall »

chris...thats outstanding for a first try
BlueChip

Post by BlueChip »

daydreams..

on this fourm.... currently on the second page there is a topic titled "spray Gun" .. there is an in depth discussion about spraying paint and gel goat and which guns are better and best and good enough....

Thanks Randall.. i was rather surprised myself....

starting with small projects them getting bigger....and building up to when i can finally find/afford a Bertram of my own....

boy is prep 99% of the paint job or what...... i am glad a spent the time sanding and filling all the little blemishes before i painted... makes spraying that much easier.....

randall

Post by randall »

and the right tool...in primer my gunwales looked great....glossy it was a bump run....the longer the board the flatter the surface...OK i got it now
daydreams

Post by daydreams »

Thanks BlueChip.