Zapped

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Zapped

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Got a lightning strike yesterday am at the house & fried some stuff including my internet modem....had to come to the office to see what's going on. Cable guy coming this afternoon.

UV
Capt. Mike Holmes

Zapped

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Probably had something to do with LSU's win! I'll be coming through BR Sunday, have another SPR meeting Monday and Tuesday in N.O.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

blame it on the electric co, voltage spike
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Guy from the cable co. just swapped out the zapped modem and I'm back in business just in time for another line of storms to hit.....may unplug for a while...

UV
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Randall's friend's brand new 60 ft Bertram got hit with lightning at the dock this fall and zapped everything both 12V and 110. Combine that with electronically/computer controlled diesels and he was out of commission right to the end of the season. May still be screwed up. Walter
randall

Post by randall »

nah...they fixed it and took it to florida....but they not happy
nic

Post by nic »

We delivered an 87ft sport-fish to a golfer in Florida....got hit by lightning twice in the first year. It happens.

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Nic,

Lemme' guess.... Greg Norman? "Aussie Rules"?

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
nic

Post by nic »

Capt. Pat....when you know something that's not guessing!

Nic
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Nic,

I know people with swimming pools that are smaller than that aquarium Greg called a livewell...

When he & Jack Nicolas owned a joint venture charter boat, (Old 48' Ocean Yacht "Sea Bear"), I crewed a Buc Cup sailfish tournament with Greg. We were on the "Glass Machine", (company boat for Monterey), run by Danny Cubiac. He fell in love with the Monterey & wanted one. Jack said OK, but wanted to build new. Greg wanted instant gratification, went off on his own, & bought the old "Aye Roller".

One thing lead to another, golf career was on an up swing, he bought a new Monterey, Nicolas got a bigger Monterey, Greg bought into, (so I heard), Oceanfast & got them to build the 87' to look like a gigantic Monterey. Damn transom door was like a vault door at a bank...

'corse, he's since moved up the 228 Oceanfast megayacht & fishes from a 42' Gamefisherman. Simply amazing what you can do with money, fame, & a little white ball...

Really enjoyed being around him on the tournament, damned likeable guy.

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
nic

Post by nic »

He's a great guy, folks I worked for ended up treating him poorly on the warranty/defects so I got lumped in with them.....plane I was on flying to see him once got hit by lightning too, emergency landing in woop-woop...high energy guy, maybe. He loves his fishing.

Nic
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Really enjoyed being around him on the tournament, damned likeable guy.
Too bad you can't say that about Jack. Miserable SOB.

I wonder if Greg's new gal, Chris Everet likes boating.

He and wife's hotly contested divorce has ruled the papers for a while. The real big sticky point was who was gonna be responsible for the tax liability on the jet fleet.

Too have such problems.................

Aussie Rules

Like to know how they launch that thing.
nic

Post by nic »

They figured that there would be a land based crane to launch the sport fish in the main port of anywhere they went, then the two could go in convoy if they were go to some remote location. When they looked at the space the big davit took up, and the issues with cradles, spreader bars, rolling swell etc. they came up with this solution.

Great shot, I'm pretty sure he sold her to the Blockbuster Video guy, I think I heard he has a Feadship now but I have lost track of all that, these days being concerned only with the best boat ever built.

I tell you who were a lot of fun, his fishing captain and the deckie, Flash. I can't remember the captain's name...Gary?....he lived in West Palm...long curly blond hair and a really top bloke, somebody will know him. He and I drew the concept lines of the 87' to get it all started, then as soon as that was being built the explorer yacht concept was started, beautiful result if you like aluminum and being mayor of a small town.

Nic