The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

24moppie

Post by 24moppie »

Hello, my name is Ryan, and I am a Bertramholic. This is the part where all you fellow Bertramholics say "Hi Ryan". Anyway, I have not been fortunate enough to have inherited a 31 Bertram yet, or stumble upon a large sum of money to be able to afford one. But I have inherited a rare 24 ft. Moppie. And my search for answers regarding this white elephant have lead me here. I understand that quite a few of you 31 owners also have 20 Moppies (tenders I suppose!) Just here to get some advice, some knowledge, and some harrassment most likely. Im a whipper snapper at the ripe old age of 26. I love boating, spearfishing, and spending my free time doing both in the beautiful florida keys.
Thanks for having me,
Ryan
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Welcome aboard! You are in the right place to tap a lot of Bertram knowledge! If you can't own a 31, a least you own a Bertram, so you are welcoime here!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
nic

Post by nic »

Hey Ryan,

Welcome aboard...how about some images of the Moppie...see links and images instructions at the top of the Home Page (maybe you know how being young as you are) and how do you inherit a Moppie? I love the keys.

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Welcome,
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Nice to meet you Ryan

Jump right on in here

Glad to have you

Harry
hb
randall

Post by randall »

hey....nice to see you....i have a 25 ....its a bertram....thats the deal
24moppie

Post by 24moppie »

Thanks for having me. I will get some pictures taken as soon as I can. I inherited the boat from my wife's grandfather. He owned it for about 15 years or so and never did anything with it. It always interested me because I am a former mechanic (cars), and I love projects. He handed me the title one day and said go for it. Unfortunately at the time I was newly married with a big house payment, so I neither had the time or money to do anything with it. But now I have some more of both and have to decide whether to restore it, rebuild it as a center console(eg 20 sportsmen) or to sell it to a purist who will do it right. Its in rough shape right now, probably needs the transom and floor redone. I have the seats for it and all the hardware including the windsheild. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions and criticism is welcome.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Hi Ryan...

Welcome aboard! - pun intended -

My advice, get the boat seaworthy then get out on her ASAP. From there you can decide on a course of action as to wether it is the right decision for you to do a overhaul, custom job, full restoration, leave as is or just pass her onto someone else.

Good luck!
Carl
charlie falkenstein

Post by charlie falkenstein »

where in the keys?coming down next week!cant wait
24moppie

Post by 24moppie »

I dont live there. My in laws have a house between key largo and tavernier, in a little community called wynkyn, blynkyn, and nod. We have been remodeling their house there, and its almost finished. Cant wait to start taking some long weekends off down there again. Anybody on here live in plantation along the 84 canal? I live in Plantation Isles and somebody along the canal has a 28 Bert. And I think they might also have a 25 alongside their house, but I couldnt tell for sure.