Strange place to find Hull #

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt. DQ

Strange place to find Hull #

Post by Capt. DQ »

Was taking apart the port side rear quarter panel from the flybridge support and on the inside of the panel were my hull #'s 605, weird place to have hull # located? Hull #605 is the 105th hull produced by Bertram of that model 1967/FBC.

DQ
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I have found 3 different hull numbers on my boat, but only after I dismantled something major. 31-381, 31-382 and 31-384. I was told that back in the 60's, the way the boats were assembled the guys just picked up the next piece while assembling 2,3,4 boats of the same style. Pick a number. Walter
John Jackson

Post by John Jackson »

In rebuilding mine, I have found "Boat 168" written on many different parts. In some cases it was under the formica which I removed to replace with new. Some of the parts had the date written on it too, along with what I presume was a part number and some had someone's initials also. What I think is the actual Hull ID is laminated under glass under the port bunk in the v-berth. It is a page from what looks like a desk calendar from October 23, 1961 and "Hull 168" is written in pencil on the memo part of the calendar where you would write notes. I would attach a picture of it if I could figure out how to attach it to this reply. My flybridge supports have it written on them too, in black magic marker [/img]