Shoot the duck

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Shoot the duck

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Just got back from Venice, LA after duck hunting with our son, the rich and famous Capt. Brent and our son in law Chuck. Yesterday was the coldest day in south LA in a decade, and the north wind blew all the water out of Brent's favorite duck ponds....but he has a new 35 hp Gator Tail surface drive air cooled mud motor on a 16 foot duck boat....a monster in the mud....we got in a pond and all the water fell out by 8 am.....decoys on the mud.....had a robo decoy spinning and all of sudden we got covered up with gadwalls, shot our limit of 18 in a short time, Brent's super black lab Tory went in the sloppy mud and got them all, mostly two at a time. Had a little trouble getting out of the pond with zero water, but we did.....this morning hunted some open deeper water and got covered up with pintails....my shot of the trip was folding up a pintail sprig at 60 yards after the boys missed his ass at 15 yards...the old man can still shoot.

Da Judge and Andre' were heading down there to hunt with Brent for a few days and me & Chuck met them for lunch (oyster po boys) at a place just below New Orleans and told hunting lies, we going, them coming.

My first week of real retirement is working out good. I'm real lucky to have a son and son in law I can hunt and laugh with.

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Congratualtions on full retirement Vic........sounds like your off to a running start

Happy hunting and fishing..........

When are you coming to Baldwin County Alabama again??

Harry
hb
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Good job, you duck killin maniac......
Talked to Andre tonight, he's lookin foward to huntin with Capt Brett
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Glad you are enjoying yourself Vic!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

Oyster po boys and duck..now thats some Good Eats!

Enjoy the "Your Time" and good shooting.
randall

Post by randall »

so let me see if i got this right...you cant see the GPS screen unless the letters are eye chart size...but you hit a duck at 60 yards....YOU ARE THE MAN!!
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Randall - those funny looking yellow hi contrast glasses I wear help a lot....also some good dark roast coffee with a little Crown in it improves your aim considerably....

Harry - we may be over your way at the Grand Hotel in April....I'll give you a holler.

Heading to the camp to rest up from the hunt....supposed to be in the low 80s.....maybe take AJ for a run.

UV
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

so let me see if i got this right...you cant see the GPS screen unless the letters are eye chart size...but you hit a duck at 60 yards
Thats what they make super nuke IC chokes for.

1/4 mile wide pattern at 60 yards.
Mack

Post by Mack »

UV-
Glad to hear you are out duckn' Don't listen to Randall. Your son in law is backing you up (as he should).

Boat is wrapped up for the winter here and we are full on duck/goose shooting...Still can't wait til April when the cover comes off (even at $4 gas).
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"