The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

thuddddddd

whatever happened to the bow chocks

Post by thuddddddd »

???????
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Duggie absconded (hauled ass in Timmy-speak) with our cheese to one of the Guays, probably in collusion with the call-ahead-ugly person in FLL.

Dug, inquiring minds need to know....I ain't getting no younger and would like to see my chock while I still can.

Yo fren'

UV
Dug

Post by Dug »

Hey Guys,

Hope all enjoyed a great holiday, and will enjoy another this weekend.

Your question is a well founded one, good to know eh?

First of all it would take a hell of a lot more than about $6000 to make me "abscond". Can't get far on that, and it aint worth it to screw good friends over.

That being said, this is taking much longer than I thought it would, or was told it would.

Reality is the mold is being made in China which is how it is affordable in the first place, and this is taking the proverbial slow boat. I have corresponded with the man who owns the factory just last week, as I am getting a bit antsy as well. I am surprised you all haven't come after me with pitchforks by now. In fact I am on the edge of telling him to get it moving more quickly or forget it and returning all of your money to you all.

Last check the sample did not turn out the way he wanted, and they were re-working the mold. He was hoping to have returned from his last trip with a sample, but it just didn't happen. Supposedly he has one on the water, but it isn't here yet.

I still have all the money, so nothing is lost financially for any of us if this doesn't go right. And I know who sent me checks, so that is covered as well. As a matter of fact I still have all the envelopes they came in in one of my desk drawers. I just looked.

I will give him a ring next week after the holidays are all over and see if I can pin him down a bit more, but will decide what to do based on that feedback.

I hope that non-answer helps fill in some details. I am less than satisfied when it comes to this project, and am deeply sorry right now that I took it on. However I am not going anywhere with the money or anything else right now, so rest assured that part is safe. And that is the important part...

Thanks again for the patience...

Dug
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Dug, do not sweat it. Nobody here is going to miss the $350 - If they were they would not be spending it on a bow chock for a 40 year old boat.

Everyone trusts you - it is a crappy job organizing something as fiddley as this - I've done it often enough to not really want the job. The publicity does not help. If this all went down the tubes, I'd just tell you send the money to Patrick anyway. Relax, enjoy the holidays and when it works out it will work out.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Rocket,

Thanks.

I am not really of the impression that Vic or anyone else thinks I am running away with the dough, but I do want to be darned clear about it none-the-less.

And the question of what is the status is a very good question to ask!

You have a great holiday as well.

Take care,

Dug
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

I don't trust him any futher than I can throw one of those little shitbox RLDT's

falice naveda and all that other crap
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Timmmy don't you have more important things too worry about!
Leave Dug alone and get to work on that Tubbbb.
If not soon your going to have to Capt Pat up on that offer for the chain saws.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

you on your way up yet, to do the layup scheduel?