Class Act

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harv

Class Act

Post by Harv »

Took a ride yesterday with a friend out to the Hamptons. I decided to take the rules and point system from the Bertram Blackfin Shootout to Brewster for him to ponder for his idea of the Bertram World Class Tournament. While we were there, Brewster gave us a tour of the market. There's too much to list, but it is all top rate . The prep center is like a production line. Top quality machinary, and packing facilities. My favorite machine was the shrimp cleaner....WOW! Then as we proceded down the line we came to his grinder. Seems there is little if no waste from this place. Suffice it to say, the next time I go shark fishing, I will be using Brewster's chum, "Mako Crack". Then we saw the various different walk in boxes, and in one of them, Brewster grabbed a freshly smoked eel, and we then proceeded back to the restaurant.

While glancing over the menu, Brewster set out a plate for the eel and offered it to us to try. While I have never tried eel before, I can say that it was totally better than I expected. Then we ordered some lunch. My friend had cajun catfish, and I had grilled scallops and some lobster bisque. All I can say is I wish I lived closer to Brewster's Market.

This is a first class establishment. Brewster is a class act all by himself, and the restaurant has some real good eats!!!!

By the way.......his son draws a real neat picture of a squid..
Harv
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Does he do takeout.. and will he deliver to North Carolina?
Dug

Post by Dug »

I believe he does sell some mail order.

I also believe you can order online or via phone. I say call and ask, though he will surely chime in!

Dug
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Thanks Harv, we ship anywhere you want. WE do take out but you have to pick it up. It was awsome having Harv and his friend Nic stop by ,Oh Randall and his bride came by also.
neil

Post by neil »

brewster you need to host the 08 NE rendevous just tell me what inlet to pull into regards neil
Brewster Minton

I would love to do it here but there is no docks around here that could handle that many boat mid season
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Brewster

No where in the canal? Maybe we could work something out, you never know
jeffery pagano

Brewsters

Post by jeffery pagano »

Brewsters serves by far the best fish and has the prices in the Hamptons. I agree, the next NE Rendevous should be in Brewsters neighborhood.
randall

Post by randall »

we only had time to stop by and say hi...but ive eaten at brewsters a bunch of times...ironicly some before i knew him...his fresh sea food salad is the best ive ever had....killer....to bad we missed harv
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Forget the seafood, the man has a FLIR camera....................
randall

Post by randall »

ha ha ...i spent the last 5 minutes before we got there explaining the camera to caren.....so i guess i have to agree
RussP

Post by RussP »

Try the crab cakes!!! A+++

RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
Harv

Post by Harv »

The Bass Barn has a yearly Barnfest at some restaurant in Vineland NJ. Everyone puts up like $35 and they put out a nice spread. I say, we all pony up a reasonable amount and have a Brewfest sometime in the summer. That is of course if it doesn't take away from Brewster's regular business.

Randall,
sorry we were at the same place at different times. Maybe next time.
Harv
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

good idea harv we have something like that at my maine house, this year one of the guys took a huge moose with a old winchester 45-70. i think we have a few hundred pounds of moose meat.maybe a lobster bake were they cook the lobster in seaweed on the beach with a pile of steamers.
Brewster Minton

I can feed everyone. I just dont know where we can do it. we need a spot that can handle the boats.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Brewster Minton wrote:I can feed everyone. I just dont know where we can do it. we need a spot that can handle the boats.
I was talking about driving out for a one night shindig. If we could figure out where to put boats that would then become a rendezvous.
Harv
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

we could easily have it at oakdale yacth and the dockage would be free,with a very good friend and owner of the riverview restarant on one side and the snapper inn restarant on the opposite side we have all the room for eats you could want.we have a beach that we use in the winter for duck hunting nobody uses it in the summer for a clam bake with fire island across the way nothing in the world could match entertainment and the beauty of the beaches on fi.needless to say we have hotels closeby for a thousand people.the holiday inn is less than haft the price of montauk yacth club.i just did not want to step on your feet brewster and as far as a lobster bake i don`t no how to boil a egg.
randall

Post by randall »

every summer various groups of boats raft up in 3 mile harbor for some sort of rendezvous.....they use skiffs and inflatables to access the beaches and resturants.....shinnecock bay....some quiet spot?
Brewster Minton

I was thinking of that but was concered about the women and showers and such.
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Coecles Harbor at the Ram's Head Inn? Know of Rendezvous there.
neil

Post by neil »

it would be great if one of you guys could get the ball rolling for the 08 rendevous. i will not be able to arrange one this year thanks neil, i like bobs idea
randall

Post by randall »

coecles harbor would be cool
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

randall wrote:coecles harbor would be cool
Great location, beautiful spot. Sag Harbor or Greenport a short ride away.
And good Bass fishing nearby!