Boat lost off Atlantic City

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CaptDana

Boat lost off Atlantic City

Post by CaptDana »

Terrible news- 3 fisherman dead as a 25' Seahawk is found capsized off Atlantic City- Not a lot of details yet- Prayers go out to their families and it is a reminder of Safety first. I love being on the water- love to fish- but safety is first, second, and third. Here is the link of the story/pics.
www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/showthread.php?t=558243
Dana Bonney
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

50-50-50. You have a 50% chance of swimming 50 feet in 50 degree water. People just dont get it. You need to be safe and keep your crew safe.
neil

Post by neil »

we fished today and saw three idiots in a 15 ft row boat a mile off the beach with nw winds at 15 to 20 knts, we might be reading about them soon. be safe everyone. the bass bite was great
GEO

Post by GEO »

We fished last week for stripers 5-7 miles down the beach from the inlet in stiff 20-30 kt NW winds. Saw a 14' and a 16' Lund each with 2 idiots on-board. Overheard the 2 boats joking with each other about "no need for a fancy boat to catch bass". A couple of times they we both nearly swamped by 75'-100' headboats and each time they hooked up jigging they nearly fell overboard. I left both boats at dusk and headed back in. I've seen the t-shirt: "Life's too short to own an ugly boat". They should have a new shirt saying: "Life's too short to be stupid in a boat".[/i]
CaptDana

hey brewster

Post by CaptDana »

Brewster-- how is it going---Old man winter is upon us here--The 28 is tucked away in the barn and I've been spending a lot of time in the woods---fresh venison as of last weekend ! I am going this saturday to pick up a 25B-- I fell in love with your 31 bahia- one level -- and this 25 one level hardtop just happen to fall into my lap last week. Hope all is well.
Dana
Dana Bonney