Brewster, A Question?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

nic

Brewster, A Question?

Post by nic »

How did it all turn out for that young lady who would only date a Bertram 31 owner? Was it petrols or diesels, flybridge cruiser or sportfish and did that make any difference?

Having been there at the very beginning I think we should be told.

Regards,

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Still single. She did not find an Eagle driver with a working boat in her age range21-30. She wants one on Long Island, who will treat her nice and take her fishing and to Block Island for dinner. She will not trade down to Cabo, Luhrs, Blackfin, or any crappy bubble boat( Hatt). Only 31 Bertrams in Bristal condition with new desiels less than 1500hr. She is not picky.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

To find an owner of a Bristol Condition B31, that is younger than 31 years old, she's gonna' become an old maid. She needs to re-define her parameters...
Brewster Minton

I told her no young guys can afford a 31 in mint condition. I told her Old Guys Rule!! But she can dream.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

So can us old guys.
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

She's got to compromise. Why? Because as it stands, I'm out.

On the other hand maybe we are both better off. She should stick to her guns!

[/url]
A/K/A El Gaupo
randall

Post by randall »

old guys rule!!!.......course i didnt think so till fairly recently....BTW brewster...thanks for the lunch and fish..boat ride... the guy knows how to run an inlet....best and freshest seafood salad ever
Carl

Post by Carl »

So she likes guns... well my 31 may not be Bristol and I'm over 30, okay over 40 but I do have some nice guns. How about a Bristol Feinwerkbau or a match Anschultz 2013L
Brewster Minton

She will shoot skeet but only out of a 31.
nic

Post by nic »

Well I am sorry to hear that Brewster, I thought that one had a chance. Not often you come across a young lady with her head screwed on right like that. Sim, you're giving us over 40s guys a bad name, "stick to her guns" doesn't necessarily mean she likes guns.......she's gonna think you're hard of hearing.

Brewster, if she's a bit down about how things turned out and she thinks a fishing trip to Sydney might cheer her up then let me know please. I'll send photos of the boat.

Thanks for the update.

Nic
Brewster Minton

Nic she might travel. Ill ask her.
nic

Post by nic »

That would be good if you would do that, Brewster.

Our own fearless leader Capt. Patrick said she might do well to "re-define her parameters" and that includes geography, obviously. I've not known Capt. Pat to be wrong. Just quietly, there are not many 31s down here so we are talking strictly R&R.

Let me know...

Nic
Carl

Post by Carl »

Nic, I was reaching.
Not many of the things I have left are what one would call Bristol or in Pristine condition. Hell the last time I went to use the vette it was buried in pool toys and gardening equipment. At one time that was my pride and joy, now its a garage storage system, so I saw an opportunity and took it. Sorry for creating a bad rap for us over 40 guys.

Guess I'm out, can't shoot Skeet to save my life, although maybe from the 31 on a rough day...

Carl
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Sim, pistols? or target rifles? never heard of um, but being germanic can't be to bad

Btw, I'm guessing pistolero's
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

His Timminess wrote:I'm guessing pistolero's
Achtung! Carl livin' in NY, & hand gun laws bein' what they are there, you're probably wrong... My money is on small caliber Match Rifles. The 2013 is for sure a .22 LR target rifle.

Feinwerkbau

Anschultz 2013
Carl

Post by Carl »

Capt Pat is right on the money...as usual.

Never got into pistols, aside from a shot here and there. The pistols laws are pretty tough up here, although somewhat easier for the target stuff.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Carl,

Come on down here, you can blast away with any of my side arms right in my own front yard...

nic

Post by nic »

This thread would be...what? Hijacked at gunpoint?

It wasn't going anywhere anyway, and certainly not to Sydney...was it!

Dreaming on...

Nic
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

S'matter, Nic, I figured you'd be too covered up with sheilas to be counting on some yankee chickadee wantin' to come down for a visit.... I know, the term hasn't really been in common usage for a very long time, but only because ya'll are tryin' to be as politically correct as we seem to have become.

How's that for almost comin' back to topic? Or do we now need to shift over to the politics board?
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

How about a trip to Thailand!! If she can't hang in our criteria...then lets go abroad.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Well... I'm still here and I am off from work tomorrow and Saturday...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
nic

Post by nic »

Hey Whaler, maybe you are the hope of the side! Have you splashed yet? Not that I want to get involved but I think the young lady in question expects her intended to be afloat. How much incentive do you need. Over to you.

Capt. Pat, yeah, you know me, covered in sheilas. I wish. My idea for a fishing forum fell flat so I am not gonna suggest a dating forum. My eldest daughter offered to take Brewster's young lady friend with her crowd if she accepted my invitation and wanted some apres-fishing entertainment.

What I am concerned about is that the 50th anniversary is approaching in 2011 and I would expect a few years head start would help make it a suitably memorable occasion for The Best Boat Ever Built, a.k.a. America's Boat. Now that's an idea for a new forum.

Big fishing expedition planned for Sunday, I'll keep you posted.

Nic
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Whaler , she mentioned "Bristol", not , not as far along as the tubb. Just a little FYI....... ,Your motors look good unrusted and uninstalled in the middle of my shop BTW..LOL
Brewster Minton

Yea Whaler, Whats UP? Did you finish that boat? It will need to float to get Her to Block Island for dinner. I dont think they let big trailers on the ferry.
Carl

Post by Carl »

If your going to hijack a thread..it might as well be by gunpoint.

Capt Pat, first I look at your front yard and think wow thats beautifull, then I think, wow thats alot to mow. Wife says if its green, mow it down. Where did I go wrong.

Blasting is not my thing, I'd go for the brown center parts ( sepal ?) of the flowers. Wonder if you could put a hole thru it leaving the rest intact...
randall

Post by randall »

come by my house and ill introduce you to the "no-mow" lawn
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Or see if you can pick the flowers at 100 yards with a shot to the stems!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

The "No Mow Lawn" won't work at my house, even the dog don't like high grass. She'll just sit on the sidewalk if the grass gets too tall, and if its tall and wet she won't walk thru it. And we are only talking 2-3 inch tall.

Rawleigh, its smallbore. I can go 10 for 10 on the stems at 50 feet. Maybe 3 out of 10 at 50 meters and at 100 yards, I'd be better off tossing the rifle. Bring up the caliber a bit, give me a scope and I think we could consistentely cut some stems at 100 yards.
randall

Post by randall »

mostly moss....nice and green and you want it to grow as high as possible......requires lots of shade...truth is i have to mow the weeds about 4 times a year
Dug

Post by Dug »

That is my house too Randall. All woods. I do mow/knock down the brush and stuff a couple times a year. Liz says "why are you mowing the woods!???" Dad says "you should buy the neighbors house and put in a nice lawn!"

I say...how do I buy the neighbors house? I am already paying for the one I am in! And why in god's name do I want a lawn??????

I know Tim, but lucky sperm doesn't always mean dumb sperm...

D
nic

Post by nic »

There is a guy who drinks with us occasionally called "Air Rifle", that is his nickname. He is a small bore.

Any other topics we should cover on this thread?

Nic
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thread...now you want to talk about sewing. Nic you know this is the Bertram 31 forum, the forum where we all talk about the grand classic of all boats. I think sewing would just be a tad off topic.

Wink.

Carl
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Don't know if I implied dumb, maybe a short bus rider, but not sure about dmb. I'll get back to you on that in a few years
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Two happiest days of my life were 35 years ago when I handled my last divorce case and 15 years ago when I sold my lawnmower.

You guys save some nickels, we gotta do the FLL bost show next year.....I missed seeing all ya'll at the Flophouse. Let's see a show of hands and I'll try to lock up the place early.

UV
nic

Post by nic »

Uncle Vic,

I better come over and sort a few things out. I'm in.

Nic