New B31 FBC Owner

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

clay

New B31 FBC Owner

Post by clay »

Gentelmen:

It is with great pleasure that I request your permission to join this elite group of soothsayers, I come to you with an open mind, sound morals and a dream that did not get away. After several years of looking at B31's I finally jumped in and bought a 1975 B31 FBC in need of revamp, repair, retrofit and just plain ol elbow grease.

Yes its a gasser, yes it looks as if it made a fishing trip two years ago came back to the slip and the owner forgot how to get to the dock. You can not belive the amount of clutter on board. But it fired off after a check of fluids and man what a sweet sound. It will be on the Lift Monday to have the bottom cleaned and new zinc's then back in the water for some late summer fishing.

Big plans for the winter re-fit are being made as I write: New Deck, New Interior, New Diesels, New Struts,shafts,Props,Glass,Electronics,Paint,etc.

She will be hauled out to the ranch in October or sooner if one of those nasty storms develop in the gulf and heads my way. I hope to get 1/3 of my planned work done before she goes back to the slip in April 2007 by adhering to this strict annual schedule by late or early 2010 or 2011 she will be complete and ready for full time fishing.

It is with great pleasure that I introduce "PROUD CUT" we will fish out of Port Aransas,Texas and as soon as I figure out how to post photos I will do so.

Thanks

Clay
John F.

Post by John F. »

Congratulations. Feels pretty great to have a B31, doesn't it? Enjoy.

John F.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Clay,

Welcome Aboard!

You'll find plenty of help, support, and fellowship here at bertram31.com. Keep us posted with your progress and questions & even escapades.

Best regards,

Patrick
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Welcome.
Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.

New guy buys the drinks!

mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

And you thought that dragons were just in fairy tales......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Is that one of your home videos!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I guess he was headed for the toilet to soak his head!!!!!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
clay

Post by clay »

Thanks for the good words, I am increasing my fire insurance based on the new guy buying the beer video.

Clay
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Clay - welcome aboard, it will be a fun ride. Two of the newer B31 Faithful, the borthers Mendenhall from Longview, TX just stopped by on their way to Grand Isle, La to work on their new boat. Having your boat 8 hours from the house is what I call dedicated.

UV
thereheis

new owner

Post by thereheis »

clay where are you located .???? what boat did you buy ??was it in port a ??

phil
Davidr0007

Post by Davidr0007 »

CONGRATS CLAY.
Everytime you leave the dock..a grin will appear ,that's when you'll say why did it take me so long.. It's all good...

Bruce,
You are a manic..Were do you get those things? .If you ever want to lay down the tools .. I'm sure you would make a great comic or writer for one.Love your wit.
DavidR
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Clay, congrats and good luck! I never knew how much fun I was going to have when I got mine. It's been seven yrs now on a great ride.
clay

Post by clay »

Phil:

I bought the MY PLAY PEN and plan to keep her at Port Aransas. "Don't Laugh if you have seen her she needs a lot of work, but the price was right and I wanted an FBC.

What boat do you have ?

Clay
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Ahoy, Clay.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
bertramsupermex

WELCOME SHIPMATE

Post by bertramsupermex »

Clay, welcome and you will never be disappointed with your B31. SUPERMEX is the name of my B31 and has been undergoing a MAJOR refit in St. Pete Fl for the past 3 years. I have elected not to show pix until she is complete, but if you have questions on the degree of work being done, just drop me an email: bertramroland@yahoo.com Good luck. r/ Roland
Proud owner of a 1967 B31 Sportsfisherman.