Need to know a source

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Hookshurt

Need to know a source

Post by Hookshurt »

I don't know the name of the product so hopefully someone has a clue to what I am looking for here. I am looking for a fiberglass sheet that has a gelcoat finish. I want to use something like this to replace the rotting, swelling, festering panels around the lower decks, bridge, and interior walls of the soon to be renamed vessesl, I think it'll be the HyJinx. Has anyone heard of a product like this, put it into use or have any suggestions as to whether it is appropriate for any of the uses I want it for. I am pretty sure it comes in 1/8 inch sheets, but I'm not sure how or where to find it. Thanks. One day, I'll thank all of you for putting up with my constant questions by at least posting a pic of us getting out beyond the rocks. We actually made it to fuel up and eat today with very few problems.
scot

Post by scot »

I have used a fair amount of a product that is 1/4" fiberglass plate, or panels as they call them. Smooth on both sides but not gelcoated. Several companies make it. I used a product from Fibergrate (Dallas, Texas) that is manufactured by "pultruding" the cloth strands in a resign vat and through a die. Very nice stuff, but heavy and expensive. They have both polyester or vinylester. The material finishes very well. I prefer using the poly. They can direct you to a local rep.

Good luck,
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0