Changes coming re: bluefins?

Post by Rickysa »

I found this interesting:

http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/features/billscorner/index.htm

Wonder if it will come about?

Rick
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

You bet ya, just like they did with Swordie's till the stock's return to sustainable quota's again.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

He is MAD!!
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Shut the whole thing down. Western and Eastern Atlantic, with a mature fish taking 15+ years how long do they think it would take to save the species?
Hope they do something I miss that little tuna fishery.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

The only folks that will HAVE to meet the new regulations with be the good old USA fishermen. This guy is just dumber then dog$hit if he thinks those african countries Spain, Italy, Portugal care what the law says. That is why the stocks are were they are. We conserve they take.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Charlie is right. The French, Spain,Portugal take baby fish all day long. The regs in the USA are tough but when they opened the purse siene up this year the first day one boat (corporate) took 175 giant bluefin in one tow and flooded the market. They want all the fish for the big guys and want to shut down all the little guys.And, they will shut down all tuna if they get their way. They will say you cant fish for one and not the other.
tds8268

Post by tds8268 »

Does anyone else ever get sick-and-tired of being the laughing stock of the world! These countries know damn well that the USA will be the only one effected by these cuts and they will be able to continue just as they always have while we get screwed. It happens all the time and I am SO PISSED-OFF about it!!! We are getting 60 mpg shoe boxes rammed down our throats because we have been the only country to contribute to the Global Warming lie, bull crap!! I don't know what the answer is but I am sick of being the only country that is expected to abide by these bogus international laws.

Dan
Fin Chaser
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

This is why there is a 800# to call within 24hrs of catching a swordie to report it because if we cannot acount for our aloted quota they will give our quota away to a another country that don't give a $*** about conservation. Just more poundage and money for them.

Go Figure?

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Holy crap are you suppose to report swordfish? I paid my money and got my permit; but I quit reporting bluefins. NMFS would close the season without ever looking at the reporting data. So why report? I guess I should have read the regulations. Swordfish taste good!!
CHolgerson

Post by CHolgerson »

Filet and Release
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Here you go, as of October 17, 2007 follow the yellow brick road.

http://www.hmspermits.gov:80/

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"