Bertram 35 with BMW219

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

DRIFTER31

Bertram 35 with BMW219

Post by DRIFTER31 »

A fun thread going on at boatdiesel.com on this subject.Some guys just wont take advice.Maybe some of you Bert guys can weigh in.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Larry has got to be the dumbest guy on the planet. He has been given good advice from folks who know and diesel experts. He has rejected all their advice. I remember something about not casting pearls before swine.
nic

Post by nic »

I took the time to read that thread and I tried too.

I know those engines and they are terrible...........they ALL failed down here and in much lighter boats.

But Charlie you are wrong about Larry. He is smart. If you read his last posts you will see that he is smart enough to buy a $15,000 Bertram 35 that will owe him around $20,000 complete and smart enough to realise that everyone trying to help him really just wants to sell big shafts and struts, and big engines. As for me, well I'm just repeating something I read on a blog somewhere about those engines, apparently.

I just hope when he comes to grief on his way to Bimini there is someone in an old over-powered Bertram still willing to help him out.

People are strange.

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

I wish you had never posted that.

I read that through whole VERY long thread, and the return for my time invested is that I just feel sorry for the guy.

But who knows, maybe the larger lesson of acquiring an ability to take advice will eventually take hold and make him a winner in the long run.

Also, Doug: why do you beat your head so hard against the wall of no reason?
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

I know. I'm done.
Regards,

Doug L.