Tommy Drake

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Tommy Drake

Post by Bruce »

Any news on who bought the Rock or what's going to be done with it?
Gotta be 300 acres there abouts.

Please don't tell me its going to be razed for a mall.........
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Bruce,

Ricky provided the article that you needed. I've been to a lot of races there, and the track has high banking and multiple racing grooves. Should be a great track for driving schools.

Tommy
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

I hope so Tommy, I just missed out on one in Kershaw SC a couple of weekends ago (car trouble)...it would be a blast to drive that course!

Rick
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Thanks Rick and Tommy.

I guess not belonging to that jhondra of money, I don't know why Bruton didn't just keep it and do what Hillenburg is going to do.

Certainly 4 million to man of Bruton's means is a couple of payments on his corporate jet.

Having his pockets would certainly be better than someone like Hillenburg struggling to make it work.

I guess that's why he's a billionaire and I'm not. Sentiment and money don't belong together.

Things have changed so much under Brian, that the history and roots are being forgotten in favor of international exposure and money.
I wonder what Bill Sr. would think today?
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Bruce,

The footer about "quality" on your posts reflects Richard Bertram's philosophy. His quote when people said his boats were priced a bit high was: "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten". I think the Bertram 31 is a perfect testimony to his and your philosophy.

Tommy