Just Dropped In To Say Howdy

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Freebird

Just Dropped In To Say Howdy

Post by Freebird »

I hate to admit this, but I forgot all about you guys after I posted a while back!

Have you guys kicked Thuddd off here yet?

Oh yeah, Hatts still rule, and I still have both of mine!

Wanna fight about it? :-D
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

No fight here Boss

As a Bertram owner I have nothing to prove to anyone

You Hatterasssss guys are the ones always trying to prove your self......... so ride on brother

Haven't heard much from Thudddd lately.......he claims to be busy working

Harry Babb
hb
scot

Post by scot »

and I still have both of mine!
Just as I always figured...it does take 2 of them to have 1 that can be used, or is at least floating.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Well, he forgot about us. What a way to start off on this SandBox.. The Gathering of Eagles! The Faithful. This is home to the stewards that run the "Best Boat Ever Built". The bench mark of the marine world. Even David Pascoe says good things about us. Yeah, we are good. And we know it.

Who dares to stand and say otherwise. (Remember the southern fishing mag that got a terrible hard time from this group a few season ago)

"Stand aside, keep a steady helm. Hear the horn -- a 31 is passing to stbd".

And he forgot about us.
And the THUDDD. He's been adopted 'cause the boat makes a great drinking platform.

Can some body please hyjack this thread?
A/K/A El Gaupo
CMP

Post by CMP »

You guys won't be laughing when you see what we do with Timmay's Hatt. Careful boys...

CMP :wink:
randall

Post by randall »

mark......when can we expect to hear a splash....or at least see some progress photos....timmys boat not yours....i know you're making progress
CMP

Post by CMP »

Once we get it covered up, the real work can begin. Not sure when that is gonna be, after all, it's Thudd...

CMP
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

Hey Randall, I didn't remember you being on this site having exchanged a few posts on another forum.

I haven't talked to Tim in a while, but I figured he had that one-off Hatt of his up and running by now. Of course most would have thought the same about my 58 from last year with the blown starboard and some much needed interior work. Like they say, ship happens. At least I have it back in TN now instead of it being 700 miles away in Florida. Hopefully my money tree will produce some much needed fruit this spring, and I can finally get this thing squared away, or sold, whichever comes first.

The reason I forgot about you guys was that I haven't used my laptop in quite some time, and it was the only computer I use which had this site on its favorites list. Good boats are good boats just as good boaters are good boaters, so I'll try to be a little more politically correct as a non-Bertram owner. Don't expect any miracles though!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Its always good to have the occasional Haterass owner stop by for us to vent on!! Keeps us from squabbling amongst ourselves!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

Rawleigh wrote:Its always good to have the occasional Haterass owner stop by for us to vent on!! Keeps us from squabbling amongst ourselves!!
"Haterass"?

You Buttram boys never were much good at spelling! LOL

Hey, speaking of spelling, is the Thuddd acronym RLDT still suitable for use on this forum?
Tom

Hey Freebird

Post by Tom »

Holy smokes, I just made the connection between you and the hatteras website.

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7277

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7376

I loosely followed that episode thinking only someone like Thuddd would do that. Little did I know..... :P
Viva la Presidente!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Sorry, I forgot the hyphen: Hater-ass! Thudd has been a little quiet recently, he must be working on his burn pile! LOL
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Dug

Post by Dug »

Ok, I went to the first link. 12 friggin pages on that sorry subject? And I thought we were bored at times! These guys have nothing better to do... I got to page 4 and killed it off. I couldn't take anymore!

Freebird, you are nuts. And making dust here for the fun of it. Cut it out. Geez...

Dug
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

Dug wrote:Ok, I went to the first link. 12 friggin pages on that sorry subject? And I thought we were bored at times! These guys have nothing better to do... I got to page 4 and killed it off. I couldn't take anymore!

Freebird, you are nuts. And making dust here for the fun of it. Cut it out. Geez...

Dug
Okay Duggy, sorry you found the posts which somebody else made about my little trip to be boring.

Can you post a link to a story about your last thousand mile trip on your boat?

Geez, you yankees sure are a funny bunch! :-D
Dug

Post by Dug »

Freebird,

Shhhhhh.

You are making noise again.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Planning? Letting other people know what you're doing and where you're going? Staying in touch with people on shore? Bringing someone along?

Probably didn't leave in a gale, either.

Doesn't sound like any of my trips......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Dug,

You have to understand all that chatter is from people who's boats are like a trailer park.
They may have wheels, but they never go anywhere.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Bruce,

That makes a lot more sense. I really appreciate your clearing that up like usual!

Voice of reason is what I always say...

D
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

Dug wrote:Freebird,

Shhhhhh.

You are making noise again.
This from a guy named after a hole? :-D

I just happened to be on my laptop again and thought I'd say hello. One of these days I'm gonna remember to put this site address on my PC.

Ya'll still letting Thudddd hang out here?
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Freebird thanks for passin-by an given us a shout-out, we like that.

Trailer Parks!...it always takes 2 Hatter-ass-hyena's to make a Double Wide!
Thats why there good drinking platforms.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

I've been hearin bout Timmy's bad ass ride for 2 years now. Last time I looked it still resembled a very large planter. The tackle still holding line that at this point I would deam unusable.

Further I have no idea why on earth a Hatty boy would come on this website muckin up the water. I would only hope that the Hatty boyz that show up here have the decency to own sportfish boats and not the larger uglier Sea Ray type bagel barges that I read so much about on their site.
Christ if I have to read one more post on which color drapes to use. Or how to get rid of head odors I'll puke. Or for GODS sake all the crap about "why does my 8V92 smoke when its cold?" questions. Geze if you gotta ask why a diesel smokes when its cold, much less an obsolete Detroit 2 stroker. You should get on a game show and try to buy a clue.

Hatty Boyz, go home!!!!!! Leave the fishin to us men. Hatts do the cryin Berts do the drivin'.
And cause it seems nobody has the balls to say it anymore MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Freebird, how long does it take to get to the inlet from TN?
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

well stated jp
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

all ya'll screw. Jp your school marm was askin for ya.
Harv

Post by Harv »

The title of this thread says it all.
What do you expect from a howdy boater?
Harv
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Tim,
How'd she look, 7 maybe 8lbs of make up, 3-5 ounces of the finest bilge water perfume.
See you in Jan. You can show me how things are coming along with the planter. If you cover it just right add lights and heat I'm thinkin hydroponics.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
randall

Post by randall »

Brewster Minton wrote:Freebird, how long does it take to get to the inlet from TN?

hey brewster...read the article....we'll have to discuss skiing sometime..
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Timmy said:
all ya'll screw

Timmy I'm sorry, but I'm L.O.L so much it hurts. If you buy some Peters mix of 20-20-60....you can make those plants grow faster and make some extra money off that Hatter nursery or grow worms for fresh water bait sales in that Hatter box.

JP, now that was funny from the first post there, Go-a-head!

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Well JP thanks for a Least saying some have a Sport fish! As far as I know I am the only one since Thudddd is a ....... Never mind......
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

Well look who showed up on this Hatt bashing forum. It's Lt Da-an from YankeeLand with his 34C (C is for convertible if you Bertram guys don't know that :shock: ).

Okay guys, I'm not here to start a fuss, but it does get kind of boring hanging out with guys who think center consoles are boats or think that chit ain't supposed to stink on a Hatteras.

Say the word and I'm outta here. Otherwise I'll just pop in from time to time to say hello. BTW Capt. DQ, did you name your Bert after a Dilly Bar?

Oh yeah, hi Timmy. Don't let these boys tease you about your Hatteras flower garden. If you plant a $110K worth of pot in it, you could sell it for $25K easy. :-D

Hey, how come my smilies don't work?
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Do you keep your boats near the campus of the second place SEC team?

Yo fren'

UV
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Freebird,

I know, you just can't stand it that us Bert lover's like to run the open water with our B31's and looks like your Hatter-boxes's like the lakes in Big Tenn. because there bathtub water boats and they can't handle the rough, when the seas get rough going, they just can't cut the mustard. SO SORRY! Even Thudder knows that.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Capt DQ is right. How big do the waves get in that mud duck pond you keep your bagel barge in TN? Or do you not go out when its going to be 1-2 foot breaking waves. Does the duck poo clog up your strainers when you are sitting at the dock?
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

I always thought owning a Haterass was like the kids that ride the short bus. All they know is that their going to school its just another day of glue and popsicle sticks.
Perhaps I was a bit harsh or albeit "mean". Maybe its just a chromosome disorder that seperates the drivers from the cryers.
Guess its glue and popsicle sticks for Timmy this year he'll like em just fine.
Timmy don't eat the glue.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

the only eatin I'm gonna be doing is crappy little RLDT's as I go by them.
Bertram Boogers, they taste like glue, right??
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Elmer's with the COW on the bottle.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
capy

Post by capy »

JP and Timmy,

You need to take this act on the road........ITS COMEDY GOLD!!!!!

I bet we could have you headlining in Vegas in only a few short years...
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

Well seeing as how nobody showed me the door, let me see if I can get caught up a little bit. Listen, I understand your frustrations over owning little boats, I've owned a few myself. That's why I'm always careful when I find myself on the same stretch of water with one. I think your RLDT's are cute as hell and look almost like the real thing. I mean they've got steering wheels, engines, and everything.

Now bear in mind ya'll started picking on me because of my superior boats and revered reputation for being able to run them with one hand tied behind my back. It would have been impolite for me not to return fire. With that said, can anybody tell me why the smilies don't work? :-)
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Smilies don't work 'cause, unlike other goofy style boat sites, the Mean Team don't need no woosie cartoon faces in our posts... I just leave 'em showin' on the post/reply page to aggrivate those who might be tempted toward non he-man cutsie crap.

Looks like it worked!

Br,

Patrick
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Looks like we pulled a tail feather, Freebird.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
neil

Post by neil »

capt patrick hopefully you scared away one of those hatterasss people, keep up the good work
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Naw, Neil, Freebird seems to have good tough abrasion resistant skin. Just like his Bud da' Thuddddd & most Hatterass owners, he's just a glutton for punishment. Stick around Freebird, my Mean Team needs sparing partners... :-D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :twisted: :evil: :cry: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| (did I forget any????)

Br,

Patrick
nic

Post by nic »

Perfectly set-up Capt. and look who you caught. I've never heard anyone mention wanting to use those dopey emoticons until Freebird....you sat there this whole time waiting. Are you any good at hunting or what?

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

nic wrote:Perfectly set-up Capt. and look who you caught. I've never heard anyone mention wanting to use those dopey emoticons until Freebird....you sat there this whole time waiting. Are you any good at hunting or what?

Nic
Hell boys, I just figured ya'll were trying to make this site as Bertram-like as possible by having features that just don't work. Like the Hatt owner said to the Bertram guy after throwing him a 3 foot wake, I didn't mean to hit a sensitive spot... oops, I did it again.

Game on boys! LOL

Ah heck, I'll be good if ya'll want me to. I even owned a Bayliner once if that makes you feel any better.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

freebird
last sentence, maybe you should of gone to meeting
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

I guess this was the guy that ate all the glue in class. OK since you appear to be very special I'll type slow.

First off- Yes I would like fries with that- Please don't burn yourself.

Second- Yes little fella if you work really hard one day you can move up to a true big water boat. Until then keep the heat on in your bagel barges so that the drapes don't get moldy and your Detroits don't smoke. But not to warm little fella then your toilets might start to stink.

DING FRIES ARE DONE!!!!! Go on get
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Freebird,
I even owned a Bayliner
Now...Now, you just sank yourself lower than cow dung on that one. Well aleast you move up from lower than cow dung to cow dung, still so sorry that Hatterass are just a step above a Bulbliner or Bathtub Boot.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
nic

Post by nic »

Freebird,

Bayliner....Hatteras, don't you have any desire to improve yourself?

But hey, thanks for dropping by to say howdy....

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Bayliner-> Hatteras? You're going in the wrong direction son! Your supposed to trade UP, not DOWN. Well, if there weren't people who knew so little, how would everyone realize that I know so much?
GEO

Post by GEO »

"WOULD YOU LIKE AN APPLE PIE WIT DAT.....HATT?

Go get em' JP!