live well question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

matt

live well question

Post by matt »

i plan to install a live well on my b28. this is the stage i am a with restoration . wondering if i need to reinforce the transom. the live well is heavy and the transom is quite flimsy. Capt Pat? i also attached a photo of some wet core that was on the salon floor. boat has been in a heated barn for almost two years with plenty of air circulation. still soppin wet-amazing
thanks in advance, matt

CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Matt,

Reinforcing the transom probably isn't really necessary, but at the stage you're at, it'd certainly be an easy enough job. If you
do, make sure that you have a good transition of fiberglass at the corners. About four courses of tappered tabbing, 4"
onto the transom to 6" onto the hull sides.

Trapped water ain't goin' anywhere... Kinda' like waiting for water in a capped bottle to evaporate. Only way out is to dig it out
& re-core.

I like your home made gantry! Kinda' like my home made crane:

Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Man that would work great for moving my 8D batteries around. I just replaced 2 of them but my buddies did the hard part. I just love that inovation gentlemen. I just sit and look at my 31 Patrick untill my health comes back. Don't need much health to go fishing though! Keep em coming....inovations that is. Dave K
Keep Fishing...
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Wow, talk about restoration. Where did you put all the screws and how did you label them all for when you are ready to re-assemble? Just kidding, I made at least 50 trips to the hardware store when putting mine back together just for screws. Would like to see pictures along the way if you take them. Good luck!