1970 B31 Listing Price

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

tds8268

1970 B31 Listing Price

Post by tds8268 »

I would like some input concerning what is a fair price to list "Fin Chaser", a 1970 b-31, for. The boat has a pair of 210 cumming one has 4800 hrs and the other 3000. Sounds high but not for the 210's and they have been maintained extreamly well. Boat was surveyed last March and passed with flying colors. Electronics & windlass will be removed. Boat is stock except for the WMW Hardtop, 28' Rupp Outriggers, and Awlgrip paint job which is two years old. I want realistic price that might move the boat fairly fast as opposed to holding it for a year or so to get top dollar.

Thanks to everyone
Capt. Dan
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

If the bulkheads are original, with original windows and decks 45K might move it any more than that in the current market and I'd venture to say you'll sit on it for a while.
If its original the boat will be a full blown project just like every other one.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
tds8268

Post by tds8268 »

That all was replaced several years ago and is still very solid the survey found no moisture anywhere. I should have mentioned that the boat was redone back in 94 with decks, bulkhead, rudder shelves, ect. I have also added Capt. Pats oversize rudders last year.
Jareb

Post by Jareb »

What model is your 31?
tds8268

Post by tds8268 »

Flybridge
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

sportfish or fbc?

The redo is 13 years old- the 210's push the boat at what 21-22kts cruise. The last boat I remember similar to that was a fbc with solid glassed in front, good electronics (radar fishfinder gps)and 2000 hours on the B series 210 engines. That boat sold for under 65K. If it is a sportfish (open back) it may sell for less.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Can you post some pictures?
Marshall Mahoney

Post by Marshall Mahoney »

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... encyid=100&

Some more data points on Yachtworld.com -- lots of pictures and decent details. Link attached.

--Marshall
randall

Post by randall »

thanks for the link...thats pretty interesting reading....31s from 225K-25K....is one really worth 10 times the other...the 25K boat looks nice.....wish they had a picture of the one in kansas.....and amazing how many are overseas
tds8268

Post by tds8268 »

Boat is a flybridge and I cruise 23.5 to 24 knots at 2400. I am not sure who posted the link but it is not of this boat.
Harv

Post by Harv »

I followed the link to look at some of the boats listed and found this one.
Looks really tricked out with the tower legs coming inside the front of the salon and tinted curved plexi for the windshield. Hey John, how about windows like this for your boat? Only flaw I see is too much black. Things like painted aluminum railings, black hardtop and bridge enclosure and outriggers. Things gotta get real hot to the touch on a hot sunny day. Otherwise this boat is real pretty and asking 225k
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... 63750&url=
Harv
randall

Post by randall »

harv....i spent some time at that one also......but look at the 25K boat in san diego....one tenth the price......whats wrong with this picture?
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

You are right Harv! I like that windshield aand the rear windows!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Dug

Post by Dug »

Harv,

On the outside, that boat is amazing. I was on it in 1999 in Lauderdale, and the guy had done a crapload of work.

Thing that has me concerned is that it has had 99% of the wood replaced with aluminum. He owned a fab shop, and went crazy with aluminum. He claimed it had no wood anymore.

That means bulkheads, cabin, etc.

There are other mechanical experts here who have more in depth knowledge on the Grim Reaper, which was the name of the boat.

Innovative ideas and a lot of cool things. Just gone a bit far for me...

The tower was amazing, and yes, the legs came down inside. wow... Not a big fan of the black anodizing that will turn purple eventually, but that is the taste of the guy who did the job, not mine...

Dug
Harv

Post by Harv »

randall wrote:harv....i spent some time at that one also......but look at the 25K boat in san diego....one tenth the price......whats wrong with this picture?
Randall,

Nothing is wrong with the picture. 1/10th the price for a project with gas, compared to a tricked out boat with diesels. It's a common story we all know too well. What gets me however, is the European boats going for 100k-160k and they are nothing more than high priced projects that shouldn't be going for more than 35k max.

Speaking of projects, there was a 31 listed in Kuwait with 440 Yanmars in her. Cruise says 27 and max says 33. Not much performance for all that extra dough, as Bruce mentioned. They did do custom engine boxes that take away some space from the cockpit. Looks like 2 potential hazards. Either tripping over those step boxes or rolling off the engine boxes and into the drink.
Harv
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Harv wrote:They did do custom engine boxes
Don't ya' just love all those hard boxie squared corners, including the windows? Whoever designed the modifications never got conceptionally beyond alphabet blocks...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Hav

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, it looks like they eliminated the step in the companion way. Can't figure out how they did that. Tony Meola
Harv

Post by Harv »

Tony,

The steps are definitely there. Look closely at the picture and you can see the door is swung open into the step area.
Harv
JPRS51

Post by JPRS51 »

I found the highest priced boat to be pretty funny. The boat is in France but is named Old Glory with a Bald Eagle and American Flag painted on the stern.

In the ad for it they list it as a "Good Bargain". At $379k???
Jeff S

Dug

Post by Dug »

Just remember the dollar is weak and getting weaker. To buy anything in euro's will cost more dollars...
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Harv

Good eyes. I don't think I have seen one before with the door opening out. Tony Meola