GAs Tank Installer

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

mikepelham

GAs Tank Installer

Post by mikepelham »

I am in LBI, NJ. Anyone know of a good gas tank installer? The deck is a glasstech so it is easy to remove but cutting the old tank out and putting a new one in is another story.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Mike

I am over in Forked River at Rick's marina. I am in the middle of a conversion but Bill who winters in the yard, and has the Minihaha just replaced his own. He said it was pretty easy and he had an aluminum tank made up by a welder over in Forked River. They even powder coated it. I believe earlier in the spring he had posted on the board about removing the tank. Capt. Pat told him to build wooden wedges and drive them under the back side of the tank until it broke loose. He said it worked like a charm. I guess what I am saying is don't be afraid to give it a shot. The worse you can do is ruin the tank and its coming out anyway. Good Luck. Tony Meola
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Mike

I tried to find Bill's posting but for some reason I can't search back far enough. I am thinking he posted sometime between mid april and May. Tony Meola
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Patriot Marine does very good gas tanks in Waretown. I imagine they can remove it for you.
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Matt29

Post by Matt29 »

I also went with Patriot Marine in Forked River. Paul was great to work with and had some helpful recommendations to keep the cost down, as well. I can't say enough about what a difference the customer service was. I spoke with a couple of other well known businesses in the area and was disgusted with their absolute lack of customer service. They couldn't be bothered with me, and they were signifigantly more expensive than Patriot. I am very satisfied with and highly recommend Patriot Marine. On the other hand, if you find an installer in the area, please let me know. I will be following this post.

Matt
1975 B28 Flybridge
Toms River, NJ
John Jackson

Post by John Jackson »

Carver's in Point Pleasant New Jersey does a lot of them. They are regarded around here as the best in the business.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Ditto Johns Post

Carver's is the place to do it. And while you have the tank out they can also take care of everything else you find.

Good Luck
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
DaveB

Anyone have recommendations for Massachusetts?

Post by DaveB »

Anyone have experience/recommendations for a gas tank installer in the Massachusetts area?

Thanks.