Nice Over the Transom Shot

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

scot

Nice Over the Transom Shot

Post by scot »

James Grahm sent me this picture taken over the transom of his 25 Bertram. The boat has a Cummins 6BTA 315hp single V-drive set up. What a nice day to be offshore. Enjoy.

Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

A 25 w/ a single 315, hmm, where can I see/hear more?
scot

Post by scot »

Steve,

Here's a couple of the most recent shots James sent me.

Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
randall

Post by randall »

scot....im not seein anything ...is it me or am i just in a parallel universe
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

It's a Mac thing....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
John F.

Post by John F. »

Very nice, clean 25....looks like she fishes well. Your friend has a beautiful boat.
randall

Post by randall »

so i am in a parallel universe....usually there is some indication that an image is there but i cant open it.......na da on this one.....BTW....tuna came out great
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Strange-I'm on a Mac and the pictures are there. Walter
randall

Post by randall »

gee i hope this works for my port engine....now i see it no prob (very pretty boat BTW).....not one but two black cats ran in front of me yesterday...then i won 100 bucks in a poker game......nice to be back on earth
In Memory Walter K

What's happening with the Port engine? Walter
randall

Post by randall »

well...im takin my neighbor silas (marco the kayak partners dad) fishing and the port engine fires and dies ...wont restart........wont fire on ether so i figure no spark.......take out the module and replace.....fires right up but wont turn up.(wont even idle at normal speed but will run)..not sure its running on all cylinders but disconecting plug wires one at a time dosent tell me much...all the exhaust ports seem warm...seems to be gas dribbling out of the carb into the intake......change filter (very ugly!) and prime with fresh gas....disconect hose from carb and spin engine, gas line into bucket.....lots of gas...............soooo.....i figure its in the distributor, the carb (throttle opens flaps) or its a "real problem"...like a hole in a piston.....HELP?.......BTW...the last time this gut was on the boat was the last time i had a problem...(over a year ago)..drifting for fluke i injested water into the port engine and came home on one.....my port engine just doesnt like this guy...............meanwhile back to that beautiful 25.....would love to see pix of the engine installation
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Randall: From recent experience if you burn a piston you may see fine particles of molten aluminum on the spark plugs of the other cylinders. It blows back through the intake manifold and gets sucked into the other cylinders. Check for blowby out the dipstick tube and PCV valve. You might try swapping the coils and see if the problem goes to the other engine.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
In Memory Walter K

Randall-Take out your rear spark plugs and crank over the engine. if water shoots out, you have a bad manifold or head gasket on that side. If you need an extra set of hands, holler and I'll run over-Walter
randall

Post by randall »

walter and rawleigh....thanks...took out a few plugs and droped a clean towel over the holes....no oil no water...port side only....starboard is so hard to get at im saving it for last......oil looks good....no water no metal flake...........airplane mechanic friend is gonna go over there with me this afternoon......more to follow................still wanna see the engine on that 25
ScottD

engine pic's

Post by ScottD »

Randal, here is a link to Scot's site, I think it has what your looking for. It's under hobbies, then Bertram 25 Project. (James Graham's 25)

Scott

www.cssims.com
randall

Post by randall »

thanks scott...i would encourage everyone to look at the site and this boat in particular.......AWESOME!!!!