Public Mea Culpa to Steve Miller

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Public Mea Culpa to Steve Miller

Post by Dug »

Steve,

I owe you this one in public!

It looks clear as a bell that the reason my boat did not end up going offshore was simply and completely because of me, and my cell phone. Despite my thoughts to the contrary, it is crystal clear that it was forwarded all day saturday and into Sunday morning. I screwed up completely. You, and others were gung ho to go, and just plain could not get a hold of me.

Whether I made it worse or not, who knows, but I am sorry for getting so close and dropping the ball.

I know you will have a shot to go on the other boat this coming weekend. I will make it up to you if and when I can.

My bad.

Dug
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Dug,
As disappointed as I was at not going fishing, I didn't consider it anyone's fault. Even so, any apology graciously accepted. Can't wait to get back out there!!

I just got more of a secret ingredient this evening. Last time out at Veatch, we were the only boat to catch yellowfin at night. The secret ingredient? Scallop guts. drives any and all fish absolutely bats%&*! See your local scallop boat.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Ever try Clam bellies? Sure drives bass nuts. Cheap, too. Walter
Dug

Post by Dug »

That is a terrific idea. Sounds similar to the concept of chunking under scallop draggers.
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

The guys hooking up with all the bluefin are using fluke, drifted out among the discarded bycatch. My friend dean hooked-and lost-three last week alone on fluke right behind the scallop boats.

Walt,
Another sure fire bass bait (if you have it to spare) is any kind of tuna meat. Tried it once chunking on the south side of B.I. when we were low on mackerel. Incredible results.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

steve
now thats some food for thought, never thought of that for bass. expenceive bait tho
Carl

Post by Carl »

My wifes uncle used to use lil lobsters or lagastino's as he called them for Striper bait, said they were deadly.

I like to catch stripers, but I'll be dammed if I'll buy or
catch (as he did) lobster and use them for bait so I can catch a fish I'll throw back anyway.
John F.

Post by John F. »

I used tuna I got out of the cleaning station at Pirates Cove years ago with my kids to fish for stripers--worked great. Since I moved to the Chesapeake, the ultimate bait for stripers (rock) is soft shell crabs. I haven't gone that route--too much $$ for bait, and about the only thing I like better than fresh fish are some fresh soft crabs.