Walter, Montauk fishing question?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Rob C

Walter, Montauk fishing question?

Post by Rob C »

Walter,

We are making the trek back to the great North East. Looking for better weather than here. We will be in Montauk on the 22nd & 23rd of Sept. I hope to make last call at Liars on Fri night. I was wondering if you had a lead for me on a good charter to target Blue Fin? Just me and one other, the wives and kids will not be invited to fish the charter. We will be there two weeks earlier than last year looking for a shot at BF and hoping more restaurants are open I love Steamers!! Hope you and the lovely bride are doing great, hope to see you soon. The whole gang says Hi.

Thanks Rob
"sometimes you go 8 sometimes you hit dirt"

Rob C
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Rob- Glad to hear you're making the pilgrimage to Montauk again. Please stay in touch as the date comes closer. Don't know what the Bluefin/Yellowfin situation will be then, but the timing is about right. The charterboats have been having a tough time this year as the clientelle has been severely influenced by the price of fuel so I am fairly sure boats will be available. I can recommend a very good inshore and offshore charterboat Captain named John DeMaio who runs the boat Vivienne. His boat is a beamy 38 foot lobster style boat. Not fancy, but very comfortable and seaworthy. Should weather limit your offshore abilities, you'd be hard pressed to find a better inshore guy to save the day with big Striped Bass. He can be reached at 631-324-8820. Should he be booked, or should you prefer any other style boat, please let me know so I can check some others out. Please feel free to let John know you're a friend of mine. Looking foward to your visit. Walter
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

Thanks Walter,

I will give him a shout ASAP. I will keep in touch. If you want to come along for the ride and maybe catch a fish or two we would love to have you.

Rob

Rob C
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

Walter,

I called John, he only has 1/2 day charters on the days we are there. He also is not very optimistic about Blue Fin fishing, he sounds like a very honest charter Capt. does not want to have to charge a customer to go boat riding, good man. I know Blue Fin are a bad odds crap shoot but would still like to give it a shot if there is any hope. We do the same thing all the time Marlin fishing in Texas. We might end up Bass fishing, not a bad deal, if we can't find a charter. Thanks for all your help.
Rob

Rob C
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. Walter
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

If you would like Ill take you on m boatjust give mea call 631 457 287.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Brewster Minton wrote:If you would like Ill take you on m boatjust give mea call 631 457 287.
Rob,

Now there's an offer that you shouldn't pass up!!

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

I will call you today.
Thanks

Rob C
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

Brewster,
I need one more # on your phone number.

Rob C
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

thats Brewsters little tease. If you have enough smarts to figure the missing # and where it goes, your clever enough to get a ride on the RLDT.
I wasn't able to figure the missing #, but I did get a consalation beer cruise at the gathering.

Seriously, Brewsters about as close to a sure thing(for fish) as your going to get.
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Rob, you gotta' fish this boat. And bring a camera.
A/K/A El Gaupo
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

Brewster,

Check your PMs. Only three weeks and counting!! What can I bring you from down South? Nothing goes with cold beer better then some good cracklins? OK lets hear the shit talking? Your Market looks great can't wait to see it in person. If the weather is ok I would like to try for the 22nd if that is good w/ you.

Rob

Rob C
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Sounds like some deep fried pig thing......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315