Hurricane's a comin...

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Hurricane's a comin...

Post by CaptPatrick »

For those of you who may not be frequenting the main board index, be aware that we have an Atlantic storm brewing east of San Juan that will probably develop into a hurricane by Friday... Check the Hurricane Section of the board.

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
scot

Post by scot »

All the forecast I have seen have the storm staying on a western track. Not sure if it will get in the Gulf but the East Coast looked fairly safe based on current models? Still too far out, I hope our high pressure holds...I'll take extreme heat over another Rita any day.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
scot

Post by scot »

There's 2 out there. One in the Atlantic and one forming in the Gulf. The one forming in the Gulf is West Northwest of the Yucatan. Forecast for the Gulf storm say South Texas...all they are talking about currently is heavy rain.

Maybe we will all get lucky and it will go in at the King Ranch....100 miles of basically nothing.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
ed c.

Hurricane

Post by ed c. »

Capt. Pat, we have a weatherman here in S. Jersey, the site originates in Philly, his name is Hurricane Swartz, i thought he was getting his jollies talking about the system coming out of Africa today. He will now begin the never ending quest for the " big storm story". This stuff is old hat and i have been living on the Jersey shore for a long time. I do hope no one gets battered by any storm, but i wish they would cool it. I suppose a weatherman's life can be boring.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Ed,
Having lived thru three direct hits in the past 3 years and the devistation of Katrina, I don't mind if they throw a ticker tape parade and send up rockets to make people aware of what's possibly a commin.

The average person is just plain stupid and I'm all for as much hype as possible to stop from stealing my tax dollars to go to those that don't prepare properly.

We have the choice not to watch those local weather boobs, and I choose not to, but I hope most do.
Rumrunner

check History

Post by Rumrunner »

In Ref to ed-c s comments,

The towns of Harvey ceders and Townsens inlet were wiped out during the hurricanes of the 1960s. There have been dozens of storms that have caused major damage in NJ. There is a book called " The great storms to hit Nj in the last 100 years. Very interesting reading.

On the hurricane Dean, if you look at the projected track it looks like the hurricane that hit Florida and the east coast a few years ago. Crossing over western cuba, looping back to just west of the keys, crossing florida from west to east at Punta Gorda then up the coast. Any one remember that?

Just my 2 cents

Capt Tom
Capt Tom
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I do. After it passed safely around the Keys the boss told us to pack our gear and head north. Thanks to Garmin we were able to cut our way to the Sheriff's Office in that county. We pulled in around midnight. We were the first outside help to arrive. The Sheriff's words were, "I sure am glad to see you guys". It was the first time I had witnessed damage like that. Spoke with a few people that survived while their trailers were literally blown away from around them. Can't imagine just laying on the ground behind a small cynder block flower bed while one of those things goes by. That storm took them by surprise with the last minute turn.

Time to wait and see.