Lure Mold

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JimmyG

Lure Mold

Post by JimmyG »

A friend gave me a homemade lure that worked unbalievable in last years MA 500 - 3 blues and a white in 3 days of fishing! I want to duplicate it but don't know how...any lure makers out there?
Mack

Post by Mack »

Jimmy-
Matt Holcom who was part of our group at the UVI 7 makes his own offshore rods and lures. From what I could tell his workmanship was flawless. I had the pleasure of testing one of his rods on a few sailfish as well.

Not sure if he is still a part of this board, however, I believe UV and Ernest (hyena love) could get him to chime in.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Jimmy,

Matt's email address is
"Matt Holcomb" mbhmd@swbell.net

Br,

Patrick
Last edited by CaptPatrick on Aug 13th, '07, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
mikepelham

Lures

Post by mikepelham »

If interested, perhaps he could make several as I would like to buy a few. Volume pricing?
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

Dr. Matt makes the lures because he wants to, not because he needs to. "Volume pricing" doesn't work on this one. Matt's made me some beauties and they work. I'm in awe of them everytime we put them in the water. He posts about as much as I do and I hope he sees what I've said about his art work.
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Roger what Terry said....if I need a heart transplant Matt will do it. He's made me a couple of UVI baits, one even with a pix of AJ inside it and those puppies will never hit the water...they sit atop some of Randall's incredible wood carving art at the camp....like a little shrine to all of us......damn, was 104 again here today...you yankees point your fans South, please. See the tropics are stirring.

UV
mikepelham

Correction

Post by mikepelham »

I stand corrected. But I would still like to purchase some effective lures. Certainly did not mean to offend anyone but am interested in quality work!
In Memory of Vicroy

You didn't offend anyone at all, just did not know Dr. Matt. He might not be as smart as we make him out to be tho, has a Viking with 8V92s. Gimme a call Matt, let's see what's up....800 260 9908.

UV
Matt Holcomb

Post by Matt Holcomb »

Definitely not very smart, as we bought those f*&^%ng detroits. I know, I know, the money is in the iron, so quoth UV.
As for the lures, I have not had time to pour any since the UVI 7. Maybe things will slow down a little and I can work on one or two. But I gotta tell you, after Panama, I see a lot of live baiting in my future.

"You must fish where they live, and be present to win" Vic Roy.

Matt
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I have an idea for a new lure.

It has duct tape on one end......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
randall

Post by randall »

that would be the "redneck plug"
Matt Holcomb

Post by Matt Holcomb »

You trolling for Thudddd???
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Matt, thanks for the info, I'm a natural bait guy and using plastic is sacrilege in Cape May but after seeing for my self last year what this lure did and a guy I know fished 2 days with 0 results last week in the OC open and the third day he was lent this lure and he released 3 Blues and a White on it again ...well I'm having second thoughts!
randall

Post by randall »

UV...dont mean to gloat and you can give it back to me double in febuary.........but today was as nice as it can get...anywhere....caren and i did the full picnic boat deal and anchored up in a small harbor....bout 80 degrees , no humidity , sunny and a nice cool breeze blowing.....perfect
In Memory of Vicroy

Lil' buddy, it is 102 at my house right now....been over 100 since last week. Seems the record here for over 100 is 7 days in a row back in 2000, but I don't remember that event at all....turns out me & the Bride were in the Swiss Alps for a couple of weeks then. Wish we were there now, this heat is brutal. Its hot in coonassland in the late summer, but not like this. I'm almost rooting for that tropical stuff in the Gulf to come this way......outer bands are just about to cross Port Eads, but suspect this heat will melt them.

Glad ya'll had a good picnic. Just talked to the Minister de Pollo and he said to tell all the Faithful hi.

UV
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Matt, good thing I like you(that and the fact you can squwash me like a ant) or I'd take offence, specially as I know the rest of the story

Thuddddddddddddddddddd
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

No Matt, that would be a tequilla bottle with a skirt on it!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

If the production line has excess product, I would like to exclude Brewster from any purchases. He's cleaned out the area south of Long Island to Cape Cod. And the New Jerset Highlands.

Hey, man, give us a break!
A/K/A El Gaupo