Yan Mar protocol

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ric

Yan Mar protocol

Post by Ric »

.,.,My dealer rep ,..,took my boat out 2 times for a ride said it went like a "scalded dog",,,,,,,,,He said he heard the dreaded tick,....I told him i wanted the "heads" pulled.,my expense i dont care,,,.,he contacted """Yan Mar""" and informed them of what he had found (tick) .,.,.,.,Dont yet know what he found on boroscope or if he has pulled the heads .,.,but told me there is a YANMAR Protocol".,.,he has to follow and i am in it .,.,He said because of the 1 engine it warrants the 2nd engine head being stripped.,,,(No tick in the 2nd engine),,,,,,,Gentlemen
all these engines are "tainted" ,,the whole series from 96 to 02 look at the spread of years,,,look at the new series the 315 and why the new series designation.,.,read the boat diesel .com forums,..,.,.,guys with these engines have a short time under the extended warranty to act. this is the 7th year for me (engines purchased y2k) warranty extension is 8 years.,.,.,you are runnin tip top
no indications of anything,,,your in "TROUBLE" and dont know it... Prudence dictates that you act,,,,,,,,,It is very hard to have a "tip top" performing engine and "rip" it down .(in prime time season),.,.,its lunacy.,,but it is what needs to be done..,or you will likely be one of the unfortunate ones that has an engine self destruct "out of warranty".,.,I am not ripping yanmar .,.,to be honest I like the performance, the ride, .,.,everything.,I allways have... you have no idea the number of people who suggested to me to run 'em to they let go after all "you" paid 5k for the slip and insurance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.,.,.,yeah sure,,its not your boat!
.,If anybody wants to share information or to discuss thier issue on this call me., Mike Ohlstein if you would like to come up here and fish I have a nice slip for ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,978-397-6140
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Thanks for the info...Mine are running great but i will check them out...has Bruce said anything?
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Jimmy,
This issue has been discussed starting 2 years ago. Do a thread search for Yanmar 6LP and sort the the posts till you find the answers your looking for. I'd do it for you but don't have the spare time right now.

I also am trying to get that board out of MASE. They changed all warrantee repairs to the main headquarters and have cut out all the dealers so trying to reach personal is next to impossible at times.

This is their number, maybe you migh have better luck, 1-954-327-0234. I will try again this week. Just got back from my Northern trek.