Looks like I'm in Kansas, Todo

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harv

Looks like I'm in Kansas, Todo

Post by Harv »

This morning around 5am, a tornado touched down in the Bay Ridge neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY. It ran a 2 mile course before dissipating. There was moderate to severe damage to many homes and businesses, the transit system was in a shambles and a least one death related to the storm. The evening news confirmed a catagory E-F2 tornado, supposedly the third strongest according to the rating system.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20177120/
Harv
Capt. Mike Holmes

Twister

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Twisters are not nice. We were hit by about the smallest, personal sized one last year, spent 5 months and about $65,000 getting the house back in shape to live in.

Don't want a big one.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

That storm came thru Fire Island at 0700 hours as a server thounder storm. Looking out at Irish Wake dancing on the mooting, ThenI realized that the boat had pull out the mooring and was draging away. The wind was howling and it was raining cats and dogs Thunder and lightning.

Ignoring "You can't go out in this", I waded in and swamg out. Hell, this is America's Boat. I must go. By then, the boat had rested against a dock and the boarding ladder was still in tack. The BigBlocks fired up and I waited for the wind to abait. These storms usually run past in 15 minutes or so.

I powered away from the dock, swung the boat stern to the wind and draged the mooring back in place. Then swam another line to an empty mooring ball to have a bridal.

Having been to AC and Montauk and this, I'm having a great BERTRAM SUMMER.
A/K/A El Gaupo
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

Had one hidden in the remnants of a tropical storm that hit the gulf come right over the house...no warning at all...fortunately we were all in the house and saw things get real black, looked outside and saw things swirling around and heard a choo-choo were there shouldn't have been one.

Had just enough time to grab the kids and dogs and hit the basement as it went over...always thought it would be kinda cool to be in one....not anymore.

Ripped up 30+ trees in a straight line before it hopped over the house and set back down to rip up more trees...blessed we must be.

Rick
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Dick-Add another engine block or Mushroom to that mooring. Glad it all worked out OK. Walter