Last Chanch to own a Light House

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

clay

Last Chanch to own a Light House

Post by clay »

I am giving all of the B 31 guys the last chanch to own this light house (next stop e-bay). This was built in 1961 and like the Bertram 31 it has stood the test of time and many rough days in the Gulf of Mexico but she now needs a new home. Demoliton is scheduled to start in two weeks. I plan to salvage the upper 70 foot tower section with the penthouse, if you are interested let me know and we can discuss price, deliver and errection of this 30 ton tower. It is built to withstand catagory 5 hurricanes and has been Katrina tested. Check your local zoning regulations as some earthmuffin birkenstock dominated areas of the country do not allow antique light houses of this height. A 70 foot long firehouse pole in the stairwell or a 400 foot zip line from the penthouse platform to the ground could be added for those of you who want more than just an ordinary light house in your back yard.

Here are a few photos- Light house, Tower, Penthouse view, Stairwell looking down.

Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Way to rich for my pockets but its sure fun thinking about all of the endless possibilities...........

Clay, the first time you posted your intentions about SW Pass Light I immediately thought that it would be a perfect addition to the New Orleans Aquarium (based on my memories before Katrina)

How about it Scot......your pretty innovative what's your ideas

If I did buy it I would have to keep it at your house.............Jo Ann would probably have me committed if I brought it home

Or may be Uncle Vic could buy it for us then set it up in Coonass land.....call it "Sand Box in the Sky"............great setting for craw fish boil....

Set it up in the bay.......build finger piers radiating out from the center like sun rays then tie 31's up all around it

Would make someone the coolest PawPaw in the world..........

Timmy...........I'm sure that you have some thoughts?????? Don't be bashful

Harry Babb
hb
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

You know Harry, I've been doing very little other than working. I'll think on it and get back to you . Heck I haven't even had alot of time to stop in here, what with Beau's private training, and the radiant heat I put into his kennel for the winters up here, oh yea he lives in the house, my bad. Yea , I'll have to get rid of the bo, so I can get my life back

Thudddddddddddddddd
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

Beau is still in training? You know, no matter how much training you provide, he can't bring you back a bird until you can actually shoot it.

Unless you are Doug, and pick up the frozen birds that the other dogs could not find. :)

Cheers,

Chiles
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Timmy
I did not think about it until you mentioned it but it will make one hella of dog house which is exactly what I will need if I bring home another project............

Harry Babb
hb
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Harry ,, you just get funnier and funnier. When you gonna grace us with your presence?

Stew, you get no more birds(unless Crow hooks you up)
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Timmy
Seems like all I do is work anymore.........I have been saying for a couple of years that I need and want to get out more often..........

To meet all of my Bertram Buds would be a real treat for me

But for now I am here enjoying Bertram 31 nearly every evening.......

Harry Babb
hb
Garry

Post by Garry »

Timmy,

A smaller version would make a good tower for the Tubb Express....

Garry
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

thuddddddd wrote:You know Harry, I've been doing very little other than working. I'll think on it and get back to you . Heck I haven't even had alot of time to stop in here, what with Beau's private training, and the radiant heat I put into his kennel for the winters up here, oh yea he lives in the house, my bad. Yea , I'll have to get rid of the bo, so I can get my life back

Thudddddddddddddddd
Yeah right mean while he plays Golf every Monday night. Don't you know Boaters don't play Golf!!! Oh my mistake forgot who I was talking about!!!!
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page