Dry Bilge systems?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ironworker

Dry Bilge systems?

Post by Ironworker »

I've seen a couple of "dry bilge" systems on Amazon and I'm interested if anyone has any experience with these units and your results?
Rick Ott
Carolina Reaper
Hull # Don't have a clue
pbatesko

Re: Dry Bilge systems?

Post by pbatesko »

I have the Arid Dry Bilge system. works great. Bilge is dry. need to ensure the pick-ups are kept relatively clean and they are easy to keep clean... Al is the owner and they are located in Fla. Look it up and give a call. he'll talk your ear off...Pete
Ironworker

Post by Ironworker »

Yikes, that system is expensive! The systems on Amazon are $300 to $500. I may have to suck it up but I do want a dry bilge.
Rick Ott
Carolina Reaper
Hull # Don't have a clue
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

there's a better way of doing a dry bilge system for a little under $100.
i installed recently a 3gph pump off a relay, controlled by a floor moisture sensor.
all marine rated.the pump relocates any water from my isolated cabin bilge to
the engine compartment bilge via a 3/8 hose."no additional hull fittings"
the concept is to maintain a dry bilge where i sleep.i also have a 2000 in the same
cabin bilge but that doesn't run until there's 3 in of water.ill send pics and specs
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

let me explain, the dry bilge system they sell is bullshit !!!!!!! it is a solid state time clock that turns on and off 12 times a day with a bilge pump that has a special pick up to be put right in the Vee of the bilge no rocket science here. as a engineer lets go with a mini water pressure pump ------why ???? because it is totally sealed ,diaphragm type pump that can run dry and no priming. next we use a sealed 12-24 volt relay to turn on and off pump and most important a tried and proven moisture sensor that mounts in the vee of the hull. you take input from pump in a 3/8" hose down to the vee by way of a 90 degree brass fitting (i put this thru a mahogany block epoxy to the hull to hold pick up in place. the output of pump goes to the rear bilge and i know everybody followed captain Patricks advise to isolate forward bilge from rear bilge right? the pump will only go on when a couple of drops of water is sensed not like the rocket scientist with time clock that will go on 12 times a day RAGARDLESS if there is water or not.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
neil

Post by neil »

Bob when you get a chance call me ,I lost your number hope all is well