Australia

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Australia

Post by Dug »

I recieved this email from a friend. Interesting. Snopes.com which debunks urban myths etc., says this is true.

Hmmm...

Australia has the right Idea...Either conform or leave...and if not you will be put out. After you read this, you can check it out on the Snopes web site below.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/australia.asp

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that ! Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.!

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia ." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .. Learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths !

If you agree please SEND THIS ON!
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Great reading. If only a polititian here had the balls..................
How did we ever get so far to the left to worry about a non-citizens rights/feelings ?
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Bruce never ran for office.
Harv

Post by Harv »

I bet they don't press 1 to continue in English.

G'day Mate!!
Harv
nic

Post by nic »

It's all true up to the point of the "QUOTE". From then on it's supposedly an editorial in one of the papers (but no attribution). It is similar to an email doing the rounds in the USA. Plenty of people share the sentiment.

Until recently we were happy to describe the first settlers as convicts and the first real test of the early colony was the Rum Rebellion, so Christianity must have been an all encompassing concept at the time. Most Australians are suspicious of overly pious people, of any religion. We still mostly prefer people who drink.

The senior conservative politicians are sending out a clear message to counter the Islamofascists and isolate them.

The worst offender, the former Mufti of Australia, has recently resigned. The new Mufti, in one of his first statements, is reported as saying "if your thoughts turn to jihad, think only of defending Australia, the country you live in" which every one seems to agree was a good start.

There is a big effort to counter the polarising effect in the Muslim and non-Muslim communities; the Prime Minister has created an Islamic council of advisers, though it had a hiccup when the youth advisor, and Young Australian of the Year, was arrested for cocaine dealing. Anyway, this talk is also backed up by a significant police counter-terrorist effort which has had some success, particularly in Indonesia.

Sadly, everyone seems to agree that an Islamofascist backed terrorist outrage on Australian soil is inevitable. I truly hope not.

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Don,t get me started on this one. All I can say is 37 came in on a Chris Craft Scorpion within miles of my patrol the other night. That is another 370,000 bills gone to the Cuban mafia....and you and I fund it.
nic

Post by nic »

I was two years in the Middle East. When I got back people said...how was it? In the end all I could really say was...Don't get me started. I know how you feel.

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
Carl

Post by Carl »

If people could just live by the Golden Rule life would be so much better.

It almost seems to me that many people go out of their way just to screw with you. eg- coming into work today a guy is just muttling along in his lane, I signal to pass in front and he speeds up and catchs an attitude blowing his horn and speeds past me. Then goes back to his old muttling speed and I pass him from my lane. Its a stupid reference and not earth shattering but its just the mind set of so many people today. Kind of like Power boaters buzzing snailboaters and rag merchants cutting over your lines when fishng...why.