dug out canoes

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

randall

dug out canoes

Post by randall »

i was over at a friends house today....fella is a texan who has a beautiful house on the bay...big water guy....open ocean sailing...and a fleet (like 15 or 20) wooden rowing vessles of all ages and discriptions, all in flawless condition..................so we're sitting in his living room and i notice up in the rafters a few shells, skiffs and a dug out canoe........so of course i tell him i saw some amazing things in panama....guys paddling out in 8 to 10 foot surf....getting caught completely inside and still punching through.....he laughs and says..."well that dug out is from panama".....of course it is...its from pinas'....he was there with his brother on a 60 foot hatt...bought the canoe from a one armed guy in pinas' ($100) and brought it home..........maybe next year
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Ran-doll, thought you were gonna post about your surfing adventure in Panama? Guess now with the new security stuff Andre' can't bring his flamibble vodka flask on board. Gonna be a looooog flight, or a lot of $5 bills. You UVI 7 guys that are "maybes" need to ratchet up, money time is coming soon. Have some open spots that will have to be given away forever too. It's a trip of a lifetime, after all, who's gonna littler your coffin with your money? If you are on the fence, my advice is to go, it's first class all the way, and we are all gonna wake up dead one day......

UV
randall

Post by randall »

UV...i figure most here care as much bout surfing as i care bout fashion.........so to be brief........saw achilles the 25 year old bartender at the pool on the dock with a surfboard.....(8 to 10ft on the ocean all week).......so he tells me the river mouth by pinas' is going off like never before.........beg a board from hennie the resort manager, and only other local surfer...take the work panga to pinas' and jump in.....(cold fresh water mixed with 80 degree ocean water and LOTS of critters).....perfect flawless right hand break in front of the rivermouth........most unusual set up i'v everv seen........wave wraps in to a deep bay and bends around till it runs down a 1/4 mile rock wall......hits the sand bar, pitches out and peeeeeeeeeels for over 100 yards.....no sections ...just a perfect workable wall...just me and achilles trading waves for over an hour till hennie showed up with his other board........he said it was the first time in 3 years there were 3 guys out.....less than 15 have EVER surfed the spot.......head high and flawless..........as the tide rose the wave dissappeared....fickle spot.... the most amazing thing was that because of the shape of the bay it looks like you are surrounded by land and surfing in a large lake.........then theres jaqui....the other rivermouth...i didnt get out of the boat....but saw an amazing demonstration of dug out canoe handling by the locals.....OK not so brief