K & N Air Filter Vs Seaboard Marine Air Filter

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tony Meola

K & N Air Filter Vs Seaboard Marine Air Filter

Post by Tony Meola »

I am thinking about moving from the Fleetguard Air Filter to either the K & N Filter or the Seaboard Marine Filter. The Seaboard filter is made by K&N for them. Does anyone know what the difference is between them other than Seaboard gets about $50 more for theirs?
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Carl

Re: K & N Air Filter Vs Seaboard Marine Air Filter

Post by Carl »

I bought the Seaboard filters last year. I like the smaller size so I can see and get around motors better. Supposedly better airflow but I didn't notice a difference. Cost is offset by them being reusable after cleaning.
I went Seaboard as I knew they would fit without having to check, maybe not the best reason but honest.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i have the seaboard air filters at the end of my cool air intakes under the gunnels on both side of the boat so in my very own case they are the same as K&N but for all others the seaboard air filter has a Nitrite ring that goes around the turbo intake and accepts the filter. without this Nitrite ring the K&N filter rubber ring will slowly melt. i have mine 15 years and clean every year with the K&N Recharger kit which contains the cleaner and very fine oil spray. the kit is available at NAPA stores.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Thanks. The nitral ring is probably the only difference. I will order a set of Seaboards gilters.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315