New B28 - shaft measurement help

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

romeomikehotel

New B28 - shaft measurement help

Post by romeomikehotel »

Hi all,

I just paid for a b28 this afternoon and I’m pretty happy about it. While I wait for her I’m working on getting the trailer set up and I have a very specific question I’d appreciate some help on.

The info I’m hoping you can help me with is the distance between the shafts on the underside of the boat. I need to know how much room I have for the inner set of bunks which will provide keel support and run interior to the shafts but end about a foot or two before the props.

I found only one other thread where this was answered but it was in regards to the b31 (said 52” I believe, but this seems high). I’m hoping someone can clarify here specifically regarding the 28 model. Looking for how wide I can space the inner bunks without touching the shafts on either side.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide an accurate measurement.
Tony Meola

Re: New B28 - shaft measurement help

Post by Tony Meola »

Romeo

Hopefully someone can measure their props or has the original owner's manual that has the specifications. I did find these but unlike the 31 they don't provide the wiring diagrams or diagrams for supporting the boat with a cradle.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JLZchF ... Hx4kV/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACWVux ... 2fWze/view

Hopefully someone has the illustrations or can measure them for you.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Carl

Post by Carl »

By chance would that 28 be the Sandra Lee?
romeomikehotel

Post by romeomikehotel »

Alright guys in regards to the shaft width I went and found a guy locally with a b28 and he let me measure his boat. The measurement is 45” interior between shafts. Hope this helps someone in the future