Never underestimate the power of Bertram31.com

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Never underestimate the power of Bertram31.com

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I just got a call from Bertram's Fulfillment house profusely apologizing for my not getting my hat order done for months with no response to my calls. Seems like Chiles had sent an e-mail to Don Jones of Bertram giving him the site and the thread on our dissatisfaction. Must have set off a bomb there because the person who called me obviously had read all our complaints.
Combine that with the Wall Street Journal reporter who found me from my site complaints on Ethanol and the many site members he interviewed as a result of our conversations, and we're becoming influential beyond our little sandbox. All within a month! Congratulations Captain Patrick! See what you started?
Dug

Post by Dug »

Walter,

An apology, or hats? Which did you get?

Dug
In Memory Walter K

Supposedly the hats will be delivered today, with a T-shirt, polo shirt and book at no additional charge as part of the apology. I'll let you know if it happens. Walter
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

So what do I get out of this deal???

Just kidding. Walter, I'm glad my e-mail appears to have helped. Don seems to be a really good guy and I'm thankful that I get responses as fast as I did.

I sent him an e-mail complaining one time that I was having problems getting rid of Richard Kidd. He reminded me that Richard works for Allied Richard Bertram not the Bertram factory. He also gave me the correct number. All in all, I think that's pretty good considering my boat is 30 years old and I did not even buy it from him.

This board is a great place... and I don't even have a 31 (yet). Thanks for letting me play in your sandbox.

Chiles
In Memory Walter K

Chiles- We all owe you. It certainly seems to have lit a fire under them. The package was in my hands by 10:30 this morning. Hopefully, they investigated and contacted the other complaints, too. Walter
neil

Post by neil »

bertram also told me that they would send us goodies for oak bluff ,after about a dozen phone calls we still got nothing thanks again karla millian
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Back in the 90's before I even thought about owning a Bertram I helped run a Bertram rendezvous at Tides Lodge in Irvington VA(mid Bay). Bertram was represented by Burr Yacht Sales and they couldn't have been nicer, as was the factory. This was before Bertram31.com.
Now Bertram has a whole website full of guys and gals who are kinky about their boats and the whole line of Bertrams and the factory treats us like some pariah. Glad the factory sent a boat to A.C. but I got that superior feeling of, "why are we here with this group of people who own these old boats." They huddled together and looked askance at us. In their defense they knew their product, just a bit lacking in sales training.
Don't know why I'm piling on except that when you love something you hate to see a part of it not up to par; and this from a guy who has done sales training for eons. Whew! Can you imagine how many companies would like to have a free sales staff of product zealots that just wants a bit of consideration?
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
JK

Post by JK »

Mikey,

Couldn't agree more on the attitude of the Bertram/Marine Max folks who were in attendance. Glad to have support but they didn't know the first thing about our boats whether is was a 20, 25, 28, 31 ,etc....

Guess they don't think we are their new customer base but rather die hards with old boats.

--JK
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

JK,
That's the kind of thinking that keeps sales consultants like moi in the chips. When our "ship" comes in or we win the lottery and want a bigger boat to overnight with the Bride what am I going to buy, a Blubliner? And the other half of which I hav e spoken is that when we talk to friends about their boat desires, which for some mysterious reason doesn't include a 31 what do we recommend? A Blubliner? I think not.
Right after the lawyer (No offense Vic) we get the MBA's. None of their education ever adds marketing. Too esoteric and oblique.
Off to fair the bilge.
Mikey
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein