Engine value guestimate

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

dpotter

Engine value guestimate

Post by dpotter »

Hi All,

I'm interested in two 31 flybridges on boattrader. 99k with supposedly 46 hours on 2016 cummins 350's. The description says replaced but the pictures look like they might be rebuilt. Seems like a steal compared to the 82' 280hp cats with 2000 hours. Can any of you guess what the cummins cost new?

Thanks,

Dan
Ironworker

Re: Engine value guestimate

Post by Ironworker »

I don't need to guess. I just bought two QSB 5.9s

You're looking at $75K for the engines plus the cost for the transmissions and controls. Throw in some trolling valves and you're at $90K plus.
Rick Ott
Carolina Reaper
Hull # Don't have a clue
scenarioL113

Re: Engine value guestimate

Post by scenarioL113 »

That one with the Cummins looks good. It has very nice upgrades that are very expensive, The glassed in windshield, side windows, and rear cabin/bulkhead windows are not cheap to have done and make the 31's look very modern.

If the engines check out then just like the old timers will tell you "the money is in the iron"...

The interior shows well too. I would expect everything to be in very good working order for that price, not necessarily mint but very good. Obviously it would be prudent to get a survey when you are spending that kind of money. It looks like a very nice boat.

Not sure if you were asking about buying this one but I figure I would give you my .02
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET