Anyone heard from Ray Wicklund in Houma LA

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Rawleigh

Anyone heard from Ray Wicklund in Houma LA

Post by Rawleigh »

They got hit pretty hard. Anyone heard from him? I hope he is OK.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Tony Meola

Re: Anyone heard from Ray Wicklund in Houma LA

Post by Tony Meola »

Rawleigh

We have a couple of members down that way. I wonder how they are all doing. Pretty much a mess down there.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
scenarioL113

Post by scenarioL113 »

Hopefully they are all OK.

More than likely they have no power and internet. I remember when we had Sandy we did have a generator but we still did not have internet etc...
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Houma was hammered. I had a buddy down there that had a plane in the hanger at the Houma airport. The hanger was blown away and his plane was destroyed. It was having extensive work done to it so he couldn't fly it out of harms way. I fear that there are many boats in that area that didn't make it.

My 31 was at Municipal Harbor in New Orleans. Thank God they installed floating docks post Katrina, that makes all the difference in the world. My boat came through unscathed. I'm still trying to get reports out of Grand Isle and Venice without much luck. Most of Grand Isle was destroyed or damaged from what I am hearing. We just got our power back today at my house in New Orleans.

My nephew is a guide down in Venice so I tried to find out about "Suzie's Pissed" in Venice Marina. He said he is running boats down river to get to the Venice Area to run people back up river and has not been to the Marina yet. I'll post here if I get any news.

Thanks,

JR
Marshall Mahoney

Post by Marshall Mahoney »

Thanks for asking about Suzie's Pissed. I ran her up river the day before. Sitting safe and sound on a trailer in Belle Chasse -- by the skin of her teeth I might add. I was going thru the locks from the river to the intracoastal with another sport fisher and a 100' crew boat when the lock operator said that the train bridge in Belle Chasse had just lowered for the storm at noon (it was 12:01) and we would be stuck between the locks and the bridge in the intracoastal. the other lock in Harvey was closed. We were able to hail train bridge operator on the radio and he said the bridge was lowered, not opening till after the hurricane. A few minutes later, the lock operator hailed us and said he called the train bridge operator and said if the bridge was not lifted, there would be three boats stuck in the middle of a hurricane and that would be on him. We were the last 3 boats to make it thru. There were a lot of other boats coming up river -- can't imagine where they rode it out.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Good to hear you guys made it out OK.

Unfortunately your area is like a bulls eye for these storms.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I love the Gulf Coast but those storms can be devastating. Hoping for the best.