Republic of Panama U.V.I. Invasion II

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ric

Republic of Panama U.V.I. Invasion II

Post by Ric »

Wat up ...lets hear about lizzards walking on thier hind legs. Bait balls so thick you can walk accross, Mike catchin sailfish from the shore,annother U.V. extravaganza :-D any black or Blue taken? Earnest winning it all! I mean placeing,,,We're starving for the details ,at least i am ,,,,Inshore/offshore / onshore/.....................................................
Any titilation would be greatly appreciated 8)
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Well, most of us are licking our wounds, like lost luggage on the way back, late planes, etc. Just back from the airport getting luggge that never made it last nite.

Lot more marlin than last year, fewer sails. 17 marlin, including blue, black and stripe. 197 sails. Lotta Mahi & roosters, big roosters. I got the tourney winning rooster, sail, and mahi. Team Hyena was D.Q'd for using nets, caught on video to boot.

I was the overall winner again, but it was closer than last year. Same superb service and people, and yes, it does rain in the rain forest. Bar tab was mild compared to last year. The raffle covered it but some claim it was fixed. They may protest by sending in a written protest within seven (7) days and the full rules committee will take it under advisement.

UV
Garry

Post by Garry »

full rules committee......

Garry
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I believe that Patrick, Randal, and I were DQ'd for freeing a few turtles from an old pile of long line.

Should have known better.

First you make a rue.......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Team Hyena DQ'ed late in the tourney when witnesses reported the possible use of illegal gear - a purse seine. Appeal denied by Rules Committee because it was filed seven (7) days too late.
randall

Post by randall »

well at least i came in second in the surfing division,and third in the kayak division (i'll give second to andre)...broke my favorite spinning rod on the second cast.....large fish.......came home to the news that my boat was going in the water this morning.....long day on no sleep yesterday...its in the slip so tonight ill post some photos
randall

Post by randall »

ok.. here's one...more to follow

Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Why is Andre checking out that Dude's arze?
randall

Post by randall »

ok heres a few more.......mike walter and i were lucky to get there at all.....we almost wound up in lima, peru......here's my first rooster...caught it 20 miles up the coast at the next village.....i really went to look at the waves
mike playing with various fish...eye to eye with a tuna...a ribbon fish
ImageImage
andre with a triple tail.....only interesting cause we caught 20 in a few minutes...cap't was gaffing em out of the water...good tasting
sails are plentiful...even i can catch em
oh no ....diners here ....more later
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Nice day, do you get a rebate for poor gaff shots?
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
randall

Post by randall »

you dont get a rebate for anything.....and none was needed......if you can catch this many fish in a week...you having a good week....ill try mikes shots again

i case you were wondering what a 320 lb marlin looked like i include this for comparison purposes only...i didnt catch it

dinner was great...turkey berger....you can only eat so many mahi fingers, sashimi, and grilled" fish of the day" meals
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Someone gonna stuff that fish? Or tonights smoked fish dip?
randall

Post by randall »

probably feed a few families in pinas