Delaware Fishing Report

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CHolgerson

Delaware Fishing Report

Post by CHolgerson »

I went fishing yesterday with my father and one of his friends. We left Indian River Inlet at 5:30am and cruised out to the poormans canyon. Cruised out at 18knots due to a stiff head sea and trolled all day. I thought we were going to get skunked but at around 1:30 we found a couple of big bait balls in 60 fathoms and we worked them hard. slowed the boat down to about 4 knots and brought the whole spread in tight to the boat and that was the ticket. We went 5 for 6 on 60-70 lbyellowfin. and decided to leave them biting cruised in at around 3:00 at 28knots burnt 94 gallons for the trip.

Chris
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Chris,
Are you going to run the boat up to A/C for the Rendezvous ?
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
CHolgerson

Post by CHolgerson »

Doug,

I am not sure if we are going to make it this year. There is an Indian River Tuna tournament that weekend and I think we might fish the tournament. I will be at the montauk rendevous because I have a place out there this summer. I am working as a mate on a 36' Runaway out there for the summer. I am trying to fish as much as possible with my brothers boat in Brick, NJ my dad's in Indian River, and the charter boat in Montauk I am spread pretty thin, but in a very good way.

Best Regards,
Chris