Bertram 25 transducer

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Briancc

Bertram 25 transducer

Post by Briancc »

I'm wondering what thru hull transducer you guys are running on your 25's and where is it located. I'm running the simrad go7xse and tired of losing depth at speed with the total scan. I've fooled with it to the point that I'm ready to spend some money on a decent thru hull. I'm thinking a b150m but not sure on what degree of tilt. Nothing matches the fb25 bottom. Thoughts?
ktm_2000

Re: Bertram 25 transducer

Post by ktm_2000 »

I had the same unit and loved it, planning on going with a pair of GO9 one setup for radar one for fish finder on my project.

are you talking about downscan or side scan?

When I had the transducer setup, it was 1/4" lower than hull bottom starboard side of the hull, I did find that I had to angle it downward to get a better pic while running. I never had an issue even at high speed with regular down scan sonar, but could not get a good image on sidescan up on plane. My limited research on the topic shows side scan isn't intended to work up on plane.

The other possibility, I sold the boat with that setup to my buddy, somehow it lost its config over the winter not having power to it and when it came back up it came back with the wrong transducer, showed a horrible image no matter what conditions, couldn't do much with it. Switched the software config to the correct transducer and image came back crystal clear instantly.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Brian

I would give Airmar a call and talk with them. I would think a 20 degree flush mount would work since it works fine on the 31.

If you want side view you will probably need two units. Not sure if one will sit flush at the center of the hull.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
CamB25

Post by CamB25 »

I have the 20 degree B150M
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi