Bertram Gear Incompetance

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Bertram Gear Incompetance

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Has anyone got a name to complain to at Bertram? I ordered a few Bertram hats back in May. Thought they'd be nice to have for the UVI. They never came. Then, in July, I received a box from Bertram with ONE hat. I called Bertram in Florida and was switched over to a recording to which I left my name and number. Never got a response. Waited a week or two, called again, got switched to a recording and again, no one ever called me back. Three days ago I made my third long distance call to Bertram and insisted that I speak to a human being. I was told the Bertram Gear person was on vacation. I told the person I was talking to (supposedly the new director of marketing) my tale and she said she'd check into it and call me back. Three days, no call back. Damn- I should have taken her name!
I don't care that much about the hats, but the lack of common courtesy in not responding to calls from a consumer really pisses me off! The company that made the best boat ever built deserves better than that kind of customer relations. Someone in management should know about it. Walter
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

I got this message from Don Jones when I was looking for my Bertram book.

"Chiles,
>> We have plenty at bertram factory. 305 633 8011 38.95 plus shipping.
>> Ask for Monica.
>> Don Jones
>> V/P Sales & Marketing
>> Bertram Yacht
>>
"

Give it a try
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

3 years ago I ordered 2 of their mats in mid-March figuring that I would have them by April. Well April and May came and went with no mats. I too started calling and leaving messages that were never returned. Finally sometime in late June I got someone on the phone (unfortunately I can't remember her name). She said the mats would be shipped in a couple of weeks. By the start of August I still had no mats and started leaving messages that were again never returned. In September, I got the original woman on the phone and immediately asked for her boss. I read that person the riot act since I had paid for the mats 6 months before (I can't remember that persons name either). The mats came about 3 weeks later with a set of Bertram tumblers for my inconvenience. I never did use the mats that season. Overall, I'd say they do a pretty shoddy job.
Regards,

Doug L.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I ordered the kids tshirt for my son twice...never got it. Sent many emails, no replies.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Bottom Line

Post by Bottom Line »

I ordered a mat back in June. Have sent e-mails with no replies. Based on the experience of others looks like I'll be waiting quite a long time unless we do something to shake them up. I wonder how quickly they'd respond if you left a message that you were interested in ordering a new 60 footer.
Mike
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I just got an e-mail from Chiles. Seems like he contacted Don Jones and made him aware of the problem...which he blames on their Fulfillment house.
I blame the people at Bertram who don't return your calls. Out of stock? Fine. Tell me that...answer my damned call!
I suggest we all send Mr. Don Jones a letter at Bertram 3663 NW 21st Street, Miami, Florida 33142 and let him know how we feel. Walter
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Bottom Line wrote:I wonder how quickly they'd respond if you left a message that you were interested in ordering a new 60 footer.
Mike

Last year at the A.C. rendezvous, I asked to be put on the list for the company 57 footer. That's the one they beat the snot out of for a year or two and then sell (not exactly cheap...) with a full warantee. A bunch of us took rides on it that weekend.

Never heard from them.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Hey. Lets call Bertram and tell them Castro died.

When all the help heads for Cuba, we'll raid the place and steal all the hats.
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

I had a somewhat mixed experience w/ the folks at Bertram. I emailed them after attending the Annapolis Boat Show to express my displeasure with the lack of acess and slightly superior attitude I experienced at their pier.

I received a response from thier VP (it may have been Don Jones, I forget) within a few hours. He provide me with his personal cell phone number along with an offer for free tickets the following day and/or a personal sea trial at the Ft. Lauderdale Show.

How can you stay mad at a guy like that? :)
Chuck Fulmer

Bertram Gear

Post by Chuck Fulmer »

I ordered The Legend of Bertram for my son as a Christmas present. Book was shipped relatively fast but my credit card was charged twice. It took many calls and several months to get it corrected. I am afraid to order any thing else from these people.
Chuck Fulmer
Capt. Mike Holmes

Bertram

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

I got my last Bertram hat the old fashioned way - I sucked up to a dealer at the Houston boat show. He directed me to get on the press section of their website to get on mailing lists, etc. It wouldn't let me on. After trying for a week, I emailed for HELP! Got a reply from someone who didn't have anything to do with that section, and didn't know anything about it, but thought it should be fixed someday. Stopped trying after that.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I probably deal with Bertram more than most of us. I can tell you it is no fun. Not returning calls is just the tip of the iceberg. I believe Monica is long gone. There are two Karla's either one could help you; but good luck on getting a return call. I do need to call them to see what happened to the promo stuff for the Rendezvous. It never showed up. Even Richard Kiddd tried to make a call to see what happened. Bertram ????????????????