Block Island Suggestions

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John F.

Block Island Suggestions

Post by John F. »

Wife and I are thinking about a 1 night get-away to Block Island either 7/1 or 7/2. Any suggestions as to lodging and restaurant? Thanks.

John F.
neil

Post by neil »

we will be the the sun of the rendevous . are you going by boat or are you on the ferry. champlins is a fun time either way
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

John,
What kinds of places are you looking for? Swanky, basic, or somewhere in between? Email me at stevonbi@msn.com or give me a call
401-466-9725 H
401-487-2425 C
I'll be happy to steer you to the right place.
Steve
Capt Dick Dean

Hynautic steering

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

The Hynautic steering went down last night travesing the Jones Inlet(NY) as I had to make a hard stbd turn. I felt some thing go( pressure resistance and then nothing) but where? This AM I pumped up the pressure from zero to 25 lbs. An hour later it was zero and looks like steering fluid in the bilge.

Where do I start to look> I will look for fluid draining to the bottom of the bilge and go from there? Or is there a weak link in the system?
A/K/A El Gaupo
John F.

Post by John F. »

Steve-

Thanks....been fishing...will call or e-mail soon.

Dick-

I think you wanted to start another thread.

John F.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Dick-first look for the obvious. Follow the lines. If you're using the red fluid it's easier to see. If a break/leak isn't obvious, refill, presurize and put paper towels under as much as you can reach/see and look for what you find in a few hours. Mine leaked at the underside of the steering arm piston in the stern. If that's the case, I would suggest calling Charman Enterprises at 1-800-247-6324, 1-800-647-8449. They're in Eaton, Indiana. I fedexed my piston to him on a Monday and had it rebuilt and back in my hands by Friday at a reasonable price. Unless you have a break in your line, that arm and your steering hubs are the two other places. A rare other thing to look at might be the two bleeder screws under the fluid container. If they vibrated loose, you could leak there, too. Walter