Pretty Boat

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

EarleyBird

Pretty Boat

Post by EarleyBird »

Ran into a gentleman this afternoon in Marathon who has a 31 for sale. Said she was built in 1969. Black with a tower, pretty looking boat. 440hp. Yanmars. One of a kind with that power. Was sight seeing with my wife and her nephew. Slowed to look, and he spoke to me from the 2nd floor of a Condo, enclosed porch. Has a Merritt for sale to. Reel Lady believe is her name. Anyone interested I’ll ride my bike over and try to get more info....or someone might know the boat???? EarleyBird
Carl

Re: Pretty Boat

Post by Carl »

If your going to go over...maybe snap a few pictures.

I'm only interested in looking at the pictures...but hey someone might get the bug after seeing them.
Tail Chaser

Post by Tail Chaser »

I am in the market this year... I suspect after busy season (CPA wife), that she can get more serious. California has very few 31s for sale. I really want either the bahia Mar or a two steering station boat. But I keep changing my mind everytime I see a really nice boat. If I were to get a tower it would need to be collapsable and trailerable. Other requirement from the wife is turn key... mostly due to all my other projects requiring completion. Ha ha
EarleyBird

Post by EarleyBird »

Going Yellowtail fishing in our CC shortly. I’ll go over later today/tomorrow and try to get more info and a couple pics. Do not believe the Tower is collapsible. EarleyBird
Tail Chaser

Post by Tail Chaser »

I would end up selling any tower I couldn't make work.
Thank you for posting!
dgomezhall

Post by dgomezhall »

I’d be interested as well.

The boat is in Marathon FL?
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Did it look like this? The former Grim Reaper.....

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Tail Chaser

Post by Tail Chaser »

Ohh wow!
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

Mike---I thought it might be as well----I don't remember the history of the boat---but I think there were some issues------many years later --I hoped they resolved them.
EarleyBird

Post by EarleyBird »

Just return from fishing and then speaking with the couple who own this 31. What a pretty boat!!!!! They own Charlestown Marina in Md. and gave me the spread sheet on the boat, plus I took a couple pics with my cell phone. I’ll try and post later, gotta clean some yellowtail, shower and eat. 20 kts. SE in a 21’ CC this ol’Boy is a tad wore out. We’ll get them to ya. EarleyBird. It is not the 31 up above this reply.
EarleyBird

Post by EarleyBird »

With the help from my Beautiful Bride, here are the pics/info sheet of one Pretty 31. In Marathon presently but heading back to Maryland around the beginning of next month. Charlestown Marina.

Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

That is a wow boat.

I like what they did. I would have gotten rid of the lower station and I am not a fan of a large tower on a 31. I would have stopped with the a Hard Top.

$165 is probably what she should sell for but that number is going to be a tough one to get.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Tail Chaser

Post by Tail Chaser »

Ohh man... That's an amazingly beautiful boat! I'm going to aim at this one and probably miss but with my sights that high anything I do hit will be nice!
I like the steering station below, the tower I think would be a pain to fold it every trip but maybe not? Plenty of fabricators can weld in some quick release points I suspect. The guys that welded my rool cage could make it happen.
With a tower that high does it affect the ride much? I'm thinking it's a lot of weight out in space for when the weather gets rough.

Thank you and your photographer for the find!
EarleyBird

Post by EarleyBird »

“I” would think that with 440hp Yanmars, and 315 gallons of fuel she might be a tad more tender than most 31’s, especially light. She did sit a bit lower aft than with the original 160 or 220 gallon fuel tank. As far as rolling more, maybe in a large beam sea, with someone in the Tower. I would speak with the owners who own Charlestown Marina in Maryland. Ph# 410-287-8125. EarleyBird