NC Bertram Rendezvous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tommy

NC Bertram Rendezvous

Post by Tommy »

Although a smaller crowd than anticipated, the NC faithful had a large time by gathering at Jim Bailey's Anchorage Marina in Atlantic Beach, NC, and running over to Harkers Island for food and fellowship this past weekend. Thanks, Jim, for offering your marina for the Friday evening cookout and Saturday morning departure point. Terry Frank took lessons from Uncle Vic, and treated everyone to a great BBQ chicken cookout Friday. You would have been proud of your protoge, Vic, 'cause Terry did it right, just as you have often done for the faithful.

The Maxwell family offered their beautiful estate "Harkers Point" as the Saturday gathering place, and opened up their boat basin, boathouse, and grounds to the Bertram crowd (the Maxwells have a 31 named "Billboard"). Cross William's recently renovated and Cummins-repowered 31 "Hat Trick" was voted best in show. The "Harkers Island Hamburger Man" provided lunch, and the weather held up nicely in spite of Tropical Storm Barry moving our way (which is probably why some folks opted out).

Anyway, we had a great time, and we all take our hats off to Lin Spears for once again being "the straw that stirs the drink". Without Lin's efforts, this event would not have occurred this year or any of the previous. Also, Lin took top honors for coming the farthest (Wrightsville Beach) with Alex Badger in his B-20 as runner-up (New Bern).

Thanks again to everyone for making the event so enjoyable. Have a great boating season!

Tommy
"Island Girl"
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Tommy,

I am glad the weather held out. Sunday was really bad up here from the storm. My boat motors are in pices every where and I can't get the guy to finish. Glad everyone had a good time. Maybe see you in Ocracoke late summer.

Frank
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Roger that, Frank.....we missed you and your family. Likewise, I'll look forward to seeing you on the Outer Banks.

Tommy