Mase problem

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JimmyG

Mase problem

Post by JimmyG »

Hi Guys, haven't been around much moving my shop,purchasing ground to build a new shop, (planning boards,pinelands commission ...on&on) this is the first SJ shark tournament I have missed in 10 years and it's killing me! I keep telling myself PRIORITYS! Well anyway I finally got down to spend some time on the boat and found out I had a Gen set problem the digital head unit when turned on reads "battery" and then dims out but the battery is charged and connections look good. the starter will engage when I use a screw driver to jump it but it turns over but won't start ....any one ever have this problem or knows a fix?
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

jimmy
make sure the batt are fully charged i had the same problem, try starting the engines first and parralell them
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Jimmy,
Recheck battery connections and the remote panel connections.
The battery display on the panel indicates low voltage. Since battery is charged, look for connection problem.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Bruce, I found the problem, where the wires from the harnes mounts to the plastic buss barr (little set screws hold each wire in place) well the last red wire (hot) was caroded green and broke off as soon as i touched it...the problem is it also ruined the plastic buss how can I get one?