another Hynautics challenge

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Amberjack

another Hynautics challenge

Post by Amberjack »

Well, I'm at it again working on my Hynautics engine controls. The top of the black nylon bleed screw has shredded to the point I can't unscrew it to bleed that sender. In the past I've tried to carefully drill one out but wound up damaging the seat so the whole unit had to be replaced and they're expensive. I have replacement bleed screws and otherwise that lower station (inside) sender is in good condition so if I can get the bleed screw out I'm in good shape. Has anyone figured out how to successfully remove these old screws?

Anyway its functional so we're off for 5 weeks in British Columbia up around Sonora Island and Okisollo Channel, about 250-300 miles north of Seattle. I'll take pictures and post when we get back. Last year the wildfire smoke was heavy and extended all the way down to Seattle on occasion. Expect this to be a regular situation now.

Amberjack has just finished a complete salon refresh and if I'm smart after 25 years of upgrades I'll stop now and enjoy the boat more. One of my goals this summer is to fire up a photo share account so I can post images of the project. Look for something like that from me in August/September.
Doug Pratt
Bertram 31 Amberjack
FBC hull #315-820
THESALTYSATO

Re: another Hynautics challenge

Post by THESALTYSATO »

You are right it is time to us our boats as the hour glass keeps filling up and the warm summer weather goes by to fast. Should be a great trip for you . Upon your return we look forward to seeing your pictures of a different part of the country that we are not accustomed to viewing . Have a safe and mechanically free cruise.