cleaning fuel tank

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JohnCranston

cleaning fuel tank

Post by JohnCranston »

I've got somewhere between 10 and 25 gallons of 2 year old diesel in my tank right now . The inspection plate which holds the pick up tube is off. Is there an additive that I should dump in the tank before removing the old diesel that might help clean the tank out? I want to start out fresh when the tank goes back in.

Thanks.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

John,

Just pump it out and dispose of it responsibly, no pre-additive necessary...

I've been running a little behind schedule due to cloudy weather & UV resin, but should have your air boxes finished within 10 days...

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Eddy G

Post by Eddy G »

John: Did you sell your Yanmars? While in Pensacola a couple of weeks ago, I met a guy that's looking for a pair of good 170's. I told him about yours. Sent you a PM when I got back, but haven't heard from you. I'll send him your phone number if they are still for sale. Also, what gears do they have?

Eddy G.
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Capt Patrick,

Thanks for the advice. No hurry on the air boxes. Salvador, the guy doing the glass work, is moving right along. Got the v-berth kit completed along with the cabin bulk head and front engine bulkhead. Cabrera's rear deck with fish boxes complete. He's busy with the helm area floor and then the Cabrera's engine boxes which will go all the way out to the gunwales like on the sport fish Bertrams. Finally making progress.

Eddy,

Sorry, I'm not so good at getting around the web. I'm lucky in making a post every now and then. I'm getting 2 or 3 calls a week on the Yanmars but no cash in hand. I'd appreciate it if you could slide that guy my number if possible. Thanks for your help, Eddy.

cell 713-906-0842
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Eddy,

2:07 to 1
Eddy G

Post by Eddy G »

John: The guy now has your number. Hope it works out for you.

Eddy G.
JohnCranston

? for Bruce

Post by JohnCranston »

Eddy,

Sorry for making you jump through hoops, but, I just sold the Yanmars this morning to a guy in Alabama. He showed up with $18k, loaded them up, and hit the road. Thanks God. He's putting them in a 34' Luhrs. Thanks for all of your help. Glad it's over. Now I'm in the market for something else.
Eddy G

Post by Eddy G »

No problem John. I'm just glad you got them sold and for what you were asking for them. Good luck with your repower and keep us posted on what you decide to go back with.

Eddy G.