B31 Windows

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

dabroand

B31 Windows

Post by dabroand »

Does anyone know where I have new curved acrylic windows for a (B31) made? I found some old info on this forum but it appears that the info regarding the places listed are no longer making the curved windows. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy
buzzk

Re: B31 Windows

Post by buzzk »

Broadus Rose with lookout Boat Windows used to make the curved glass windows. I guess he still does. I know he makes the replacement acrylic for the compound curved windows for Hatteras's so I assume he can and does make the acrylic for Bertram's too. I have no idea what he charges but you could give him a call and ask. His number is 252 723 2222 or find his web site and email him.
John F.

Re: B31 Windows

Post by John F. »

I used a local acrylic place here in Annapolis. The curved windows are a little different size boat to boat. I brought my old curved windows in so they had a pattern. At the time, I think most folks were going to American Marine in FL. My local guy was the same price and he did nice work. I had him make new front windows also, and he made both the same size using one side as a pattern. Wrong. They were about 1/4" different in width, and he had to remake one. The side and bow windows seem to be slightly different boat to boat and even in the same boat.
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J