fantastic outboard breakdown

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

fantastic outboard breakdown

Post by bob lico »

i went to Keyport NJ to help a friend with 32' regulator with twin 300 hp yamaha for power. we lost both engines about 4 miles out so i found the problem to be forward tank (never used) had water so we empty the water /fuel seperators and got one engine to idle. oh well lets idle back and fix on land . WTH lets drop so mojo`s on the way back BAM a 36",followed by a 42" bass one mile from shore!!!!! talk about the being in the right place at the wrong time! love that bay!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
ktm_2000

Re: fantastic outboard breakdown

Post by ktm_2000 »

when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

One of the best days I've had bass fishing was a day I was supposed to go offshore. Was on a buddies boat and we left the pamet river and was going to go east for tuna, we rounded p-town and just off the back side, jigged up 100 macs and when we tried to get going again one of his motors would bog down and stumble. We mucked with it for an hour and it would't run well so we shut it down and made our way back one his other motor at 5 knts. At one point we marked a stack of bass at on a side of a drop-off so we spent the day catching one bass after another until we ran out of macs. None were huge but most were in 32"-36".
Carl

Post by Carl »

Bob, keep in mind that Big bass are not the only thing this Bay has.
Walking the dog Saturday morning I saw a few of these monstrosities washed ashore, Sunday they were gone with other stuff taking its place.
That's your buds marina ahead with Keyport just to the left of center.

bob lico

Post by bob lico »

wow hit that at fifty miles a hour ------ouch!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Carl

Post by Carl »

Hit that at 20 and it'll do some damage as they usually float real low in the water.