454 Engine Mount Location

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Twilight

454 Engine Mount Location

Post by Twilight »

afternoon! I am installing big block crusaders and am having challenges with location for the mounts. the mounts are stock from a '77. mine is an '80. they clearly do not sit on or make contact with the hull, but bolt to the stringers. short of fashioning a jig from the motor mounts and then moving it to the mounts and computing distance aft then to center, then down to center of shaft at that distance, not sure how to get them in place. does anyone have same motor from which they'd be willing to share the distance from the hull straight up to the top of each stringer, fore and aft? greatly appreciate any help or insight.
thanks all.

also have pair of 1 3/4" shafts and props from '77 31 for sale if any interest, but will post separate with pics and details.

CaptWillis
Tony Meola

Re: 454 Engine Mount Location

Post by Tony Meola »

Capt. Willis

Not sure if I follow you. The engine is supposed to sit on the engine beds not on the hull. If you post a picture it would be helpful.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Stephan

Re: 454 Engine Mount Location

Post by Stephan »

Capt Willis-
I have late 1980s Crusader 454s with velvet drive transmissions.
I am traveling for work now but should be able to get to my boat on Sunday and take some measurements/pictures if that will help you.
Regards,
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur