Mounting Single Spreader Riggers from the House Top

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John Nardi

Mounting Single Spreader Riggers from the House Top

Post by John Nardi »

I have a pic from a 31 with a Bimini Top only who mounted their single spreader riggers from the house top instead of the gunwale level...Can anyone comment where they had the support stand off in place, and was it adequate to support the riggers in place?? I am under the assumption that a standoff at the Bimini level would be worthless?? Thanks, John Any recommendations are appreciated!
Pete Fallon

Re: Mounting Single Spreader Riggers from the House Top

Post by Pete Fallon »

John,
You can get either Rupp or Taco top mount outriggers as long as you have a hard top on the Bimini . The supporting pipes have to be strong enough to support the hard top or plates have to be welded into the supporting structure. When I ran the Jupiter 31 Fishing Team we had a T-Top with 2" anodized pipes that were mounted to the front of the center console with a canvas Sunbrella top. I don't think that the standard Bimini top with 1" or 3/4 " stainless steel supports would be strong enough to use top gun riggers. You will be limited to 15 poles or if the top is beefy enough you can get away with 18" single spreader outriggers.
Marlin had hard top mounted hydraulic outriggers and antennas on his 31. I can remember what brand they were I think they were Rupp's. Give him a shout and he'll help you out. His cell number is 561-632-2392.
Pete Fallon
Craig Mac

Re: Mounting Single Spreader Riggers from the House Top

Post by Craig Mac »

I am pretty sure Marlin's boat was done at Palm Beach Towers.